Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Cuts out
Resmed S9 Cuts out
Gday all

I have been using my S9 for over a year no problems until last night. If I exhale harder than normal the machine cuts out with an error about voltage. FTR I've tried it today on a UPS but still the same.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Cuts out
Hi rogbnay and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your question but hang tight and someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Post the EXACT message it gives.

Some things to try:

Unplug the power supply from the machine, unplug the power cord where it goes into the power supply, replug.

Take out water tank first, remove the humidifier from the blower unit, replug.

Turn off heat on the humidifier and hose, if applicable.

Be sure the power supply is sitting on a hard surface, not carpet, with good airflow.

Do you have the humidifier and hose? If so, be sure you have the 90W power supply.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 11:52 AM)rogbnay Wrote: Gday all

I have been using my S9 for over a year no problems until last night. If I exhale harder than normal the machine cuts out with an error about voltage. FTR I've tried it today on a UPS but still the same.
Any ideas?

Cheers
whats the error message say
there is a list of Respironics error codes but not a list for Resmed
machines come with a 2 year warranty
try to unplug the machine from wall outlet, check power brick connections fully inserted (power cord and back of the machine) and plug back
your profile listed not sure about humidifier
S9 comes with 30W power brick to use without humidifier and 90W power brick to use with humidifier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice so far
ftr the humidifier is a H5i and the power adapter is the 90w
The message is "Error over voltage fault please contact service provider" which unfortunately I will not be unable to do before the end of the week due to my remote location.
I've tried all variations of unpluging re pluging, running without humidifier, I've even set the machine back to factory default and started from scratch with the settings with no joy.

It's looking like a week long reminder of life pre CPAP :-(

Post Reply Post Reply
You will probably need to get a new power supply as it sounds like the voltage regulator in the supply might be bad.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ontario ADP cuts to program Cpapian 0 630 03-17-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  oscar cuts short my cpap hours hegel 11 1,293 07-15-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Atsc3
  sleepyhead- data cuts off after about 6 hours megan_charles 2 1,976 06-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Last Post: megan_charles
  [News] Healthcare Cuts Send Patient Treatment Home ApneaNews 0 3,392 04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.