Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Elite Last Nights Use 24hrs??
Resmed S9 Elite Last Nights Use 24hrs??
Hi All,

I have a Resmed S9 Elite that I have been using for almost 2 years now. My AHI has been ~2 average over the last year and the system has worked well for me, so well in fact I don't even bother to look at the AHI display in the info window anymore. This last weekend I happened to check to see what my AHI was running at and the the display said 29!!!! and my hours of sleep was 24. I only slept 8 hrs that night. I removed the SD card and downloaded the data to the Resmed software and it also indicated 24hrs of use for the last night, but the detailed info showed the correct 8 hours and only a 2.3 AHI. I would like to reset the system and re-install my settings which I know how to do. My question is, will this erase the last years data on the machine? If I save that data on the SD card, will it erase the data on the card when I put it back into the reset system or just continue to add new data to the card going forward?

Thanks for any help and I hope my question makes sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Elite Last Nights Use 24hrs??
Hi Cloner and welcome
First, unplug the machine from the wall, wait a while and plug back and see what pan out
Post Reply Post Reply
That was the first thing I tried. Didn't work. But thanks for the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cloner,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My first suggestion would be to call the DME company that provided the machine. If you are using SleepyHead, the data is preserved automatically and the software knows you changed machines. If you are using ResScan, you can archive the previous data and continue using the software. The key to data retention is backup. However, as for the machine itself, the data on the SD card could be corrupted (not an unusual occurrence) and a machine reset will wipe out ALL data with the exception of the hours used. In my case, the system asked to reformat the SD card after the reset.

Because you have no clue to whether it is a machine or software issue, best to check with your DME provider before doing anything else. If you have already downloaded and saved the data in your computer, there is little harm in reformatting the SD card. However, if your sleep doctor is using the SD card for compliance, give them a call for their advice. That way, they sprinkle holy water on any resultant decision. Be sure to note the date, time, person, and suggestion for your own records.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem seems to have resolved itself. Just for reference if anyone else experiences this, I saw my Dr. in November and took the SD card with me. I always lock the card to prevent any problems. I forgot to unlock the card when I put it in my machine and I did not notice until this last weekend, over a month. I unlocked the card and the machine copied all the old data not recorded and I was able to download this to the Resmed software and everything looks great. However the S9 continued to display 24hrs use and over 29 AHI for about 48hrs until it started giving the correct overnight readings. 7.5 hrs of sleep and 1.0 AHI last night. Everything seems fine now. Thanks for all who responded.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2016, 09:38 AM)Cloner Wrote: I forgot to unlock the card when I put it in my machine and I did not notice until this last weekend, over a month.
Good news, the problem got sorted out.
Once, I had the S9 shows double session but sort itself out the following day, the S9 can be like that at times

I might mistaken but to the best of my knowledge, the S9 doesn't start with locked card (read only) inserted, and display a message on the screen telling you to remove the card, unlock and then re-insert it

When unlocked card fully inserted, "Reading SD card" message pop up on the screen
Whenever unlocked SD card inserted, the machine write only summary data and no detailed data as detailed data written directly on the card ... for that reason, the card need to inserted to capture detailed data

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 452 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.