Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Elite -- time to replace?
Resmed S9 Elite -- time to replace?
My 4 year old S9 seems to be on it's last days. SadSad I noticed that I was struggling to breath so hooked it up to my manometer.

With the S9 set at 8.6 the actual pressure per the manometer was only 6.0. So I bumped it up to 11.2 and the manometer now reads 8.7.

I've actually had to bump the pressure more than once. So now I'm wondering if I'm on borrowed time or if it will likely last quite a while longer.

I have Tricare so getting a new machine shouldn't be much of a problem. I hope. I was looking at the new Resmed Airsense 10 (maybe the Autoset) until I saw this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-Problems

So what's the consensus. Go ahead and get a new machine now or wait until it completely burns out? Another S9 or the Airsense 10?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Elite -- time to replace?
I wouldn't hesitate to replace it immediately. The manometer doesn't lie. (I'm assuming the air intake is unrestricted and the filter is clean on the S9)

I recommend the S9 AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2014, 12:41 PM)tokyo43 Wrote: I was looking at the new Resmed Airsense 10 (maybe the Autoset) until I saw this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-Problems

So what's the consensus. Go ahead and get a new machine now or wait until it completely burns out? Another S9 or the Airsense 10?

The OP in the thread you referenced had an adjustment problem and worked through it. It does not mean you would have a similar experience. I have an S9 Autoset, and I like it very much. But if I were looking to replace it I would go to the A10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2014, 01:04 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: I wouldn't hesitate to replace it immediately. The manometer doesn't lie. (I'm assuming the air intake is unrestricted and the filter is clean on the S9)

I recommend the S9 AutoSet.

Yes, new filter and clean. Given that my pressure is pretty low and AHIs are decent >1.5 would it be worth it to press for an Autoset? 4 years ago my DME sent me the S9 Elite (fixed pressure) because my prescription states CPAP instead of APAP, even though I had asked for the Autoset.

(10-30-2014, 01:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(10-30-2014, 12:41 PM)tokyo43 Wrote: I was looking at the new Resmed Airsense 10 (maybe the Autoset) until I saw this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-Problems

The OP in the thread you referenced had an adjustment problem and worked through it. It does not mean you would have a similar experience. I have an S9 Autoset, and I like it very much. But if I were looking to replace it I would go to the A10.

Thanks. I have seen a lot of good A10 reviews on the vendor sites. I'm way behind on reading the Apneaboard though so not sure what the consensus is on the A10.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are right to think that the Elite is fine since you require a very low pressure setting, but if you are replacing it you may want to consider that you may someday require an occasionally higher pressure and could benefit from an auto set machine so you wouldn't have to tolerate the higher pressure all night.

The A10 and S9 AutoSet are both good machines and well rated by users. I have the S9 so I can speak for its efficacy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 83 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.