Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 End of life Message?
Resmed S9 End of life Message?
I have a Resmed S9 Autoset that on power up gives me the S9 Series on the screen then gives the message:
Error
Settings reset to default values,
Please contact service provider

I can't clear the message so I'm assuming it the end of life message. And if so is the fan motor AC or DC?
I didn't see any labels on the motor itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thank You!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 End of life Message?
The fan motor is a low inertia rotor with multipole, switched stator windings. 100% electronic control with power FETs switching the stator coils to produce a rotating magnetic field. Sort of like Tesla's AC motors. In truth, it cannot be said to be either a DC or AC motor as you cannot just hook it to an AC or DC source and have it run. It has to have a controller and the switching FETs. That motor changes speed with every breath.

It's not necessarily an EOL message. Could be a defective power brick. (I'd find one to swap in as a first test.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MarkBart,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully you can get your machine working again.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How many run hours?

If you have a DME, they can advise on service or replacement. If you are self-financing, check Amazon for the Dreamstaton Auto CPAP. The only affordable repair is the power adapter; anything beyond that will exceed the cost of replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello!
Unknown amount of run hours, I'd say nightly since Feb 2012 when my wife passed away. She didn't like it so never used it.
I took it over because my father had sleep apnea and snored. My sister has sleep apnea, and is on a machine. I'm like my father, I snore bad and have sleep apnea. It is self financed, even at full price it doesn't come even close to my ACA deductible.
Voltage from red to black 24.15Vdc and from white to black 3.22vdc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, take a look on Amazon for the DreamStation Auto Cpap DSX500T11 . This excellent machine is selling fof $374.99 with a heated humidifier and heated hose...look for the vendor CPAP Sales and Supplies because that one has the complete package. This is an extremely low price and will work great for you.

You are using a Full face mask...have you ever tried nasal pillows?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Full Face was the only option the wife was offered. I kind of like it, it lets me sleep face down and still breathe.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to replace it with the correct size, and new material. I assumed you inherited it. Everyone is different, and nasal pillows are much less bulky than a FFM, and certainly allow sleeping in all positions. A Resmed Airfit P10 is only $65 complete with all 3 cushion sizes. At the very least, you need to replace the full-face cusihion, and probably the entire frame and headgear. Prices are not too high online. You did not indicate the brand and model, so you can replace with the same when you're ready, or try something different.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2017, 11:02 PM)MarkBart Wrote: I have a Resmed S9 Autoset that on power up gives me the S9 Series on the screen then gives the message:
Error
Settings reset to default values,
Please contact service provider

It may just have a dead battery. I think I read that it's just a CR2032. You might try replacing it, since you're not going to make it any worse. 8-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's an CR2032. I tried a new battery after 30 minutes with the old battery out. No change. I also tried powering it up with and without the battery, and with all the conceivable buttons held down. Again no change. I cleaned it out and reassembled it, still has error. Looks like I will have to buy a new unit. Heading over to Amazon.
Thank Y'all for the help!
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,261 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 623 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 957 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.