Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 - Opinions?
Resmed S9 - Opinions?
I have found a local seller of a Resmed S9 with humidifier at a really good price.  It's not the very latest, but it has a lot of the features my 10 year old dumb Respironics REMstar S8 lacks especially the expiratory pressure relief.  Is this a good machine?  Easy to set up?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 - Opinions?
While it's the only one I have ever had, I do love mine.  I like the idea that if you don't want the humidifier, you can detach it from the main unit.  It has been quiet and reliable.  As far as I know the only features that it doesn't have versus the A10 is a auto sleep ramp and the reporting of RERA's.  However, I seem to be able to live without them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2018, 01:56 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: While it's the only one I have ever had, I do love mine.  I like the idea that if you don't want the humidifier, you can detach it from the main unit.  It has been quiet and reliable.  As far as I know the only features that it doesn't have versus the A10 is a auto sleep ramp and the reporting of RERA's.  However, I seem to be able to live without them.

Thanks Thanks!  That's good to hear.  This one is $200, which seems like a great deal.  They claim it's in great shape.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it an Autoset?  In case you are unfamiliar with the different models, here is a picture for easy identification:
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just make sure it’s not an S9 Escape that one is a brick and better off looking for something else
Post Reply Post Reply
As said avoid the Escape model and basic CPAP. Elite CPAP and Autoset have data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F&P SleepStyle Opinions zzz1 0 180 02-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: zzz1
  2 weeks on new ResMes ASV, need some opinions/ advice RickEiben 32 2,768 08-17-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: RickEiben
  sfr79's Treatment Thread / Analysis, Opinions, Suggestions Welcomed sfr79 9 1,212 01-04-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Symptoms] ian93 story - Looking for opinions ian93 3 571 11-08-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Opinions wanted - Stop or Continue PAP after wake up B1Sailor 14 1,288 10-09-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Opinions on Settings Help Resmed VAuto Johnnyde94 15 1,274 08-02-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Johnnyde94
  Will Medicare Cover 2nd Opinions on SA Diagnosis? manich 4 623 07-05-2022, 11:45 AM
Last Post: manich

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.