Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Problems
RE: Resmed S9 Problems
Hello everyone. Thank you so much for all your replies. When my s9 autoset was delivered to me, the pressure was 4-20cm h2o. Unlike my PR, which was set to 7-17. I was snoring quite loud with the s9 and I thought it was caused by the maximum pressure (20cm). Also, since the range was 4-20, I thought s9 would automatically adjust to the pressure that I needed. I'd set my s9 to 7-17 and I hope that would solve my problem. I've just started using sleepy head software therefore I am not yet familiar with it. I'd also like to try ResScan for my s9. I really appreciate everyone's help. I'm very happy I found this forum. THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone. I tried to use my S9 again. This time I set everything according to my doctor's prescription (just like my PR 60). Unfortunately, I still snored. It was so disturbing that I've decided to just use my PR 60. I really dont understand why my S9's pressure climbed so high, which obviously is more than what I needed. The pressure washigh that the excess air was leaked through my mouth. I kinda like bubbled the air.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2013, 01:35 AM)tigerdaddy Wrote: Hi everyone. I tried to use my S9 again. This time I set everything according to my doctor's prescription (just like my PR 60). Unfortunately, I still snored. It was so disturbing that I've decided to just use my PR 60. I really dont understand why my S9's pressure climbed so high, which obviously is more than what I needed. The pressure washigh that the excess air was leaked through my mouth. I kinda like bubbled the air.

My first machine was a PRS1, which I used for almost a year until the SD card reader broke. It still works, but I decided to replace it with an S9 Autoset. I discovered that the S9 seems to react faster to events than the PRS1 did. Even with the same high and low settings the pressures went higher on the S9. These machines have highly complex algorithm programs to react to events, and each manufacturer writes their proprietary program differently. Plus, they are physically different - even the properties of the motor are different. I think it's surprising that they are as similar as they are.

I don't have any answer to the snoring issue, although you might check what SleepyHead says, just because that will give you a scientific quantification of the amount of snoring with the different machines. I'm not suggesting that your subjective evaluation is wrong, just that it's nice to have firm evidence.

Also, you need a lot more than two night's data to reach any conclusions. Each night has a different history. And I should also ask what have your AHIs been like with the two machines? Hopefully you can give the S9 a couple of weeks to see what the overall results are: AHI, snoring, leaks, pressures, etc., then compare to the results from the PR60.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,500 11 hours ago
Last Post: jiyun
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 113 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 358 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,206 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 236 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,946 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,694 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.