Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 SD Card Questions
RE: Resmed S9 SD Card Question(s)
I don't see it as a major issue. I just couldn't understand why, when I quoted a post that contained links, it would not allow me to post. I understand it now and thanks for explaining it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any USB card reader should do it. I got on e for $3.99 at a local store and it works perfectly with the ResMed and Sleepyhead softwares.

OMyMyOHellYes
Post #7 to get to the point where I can post links. ! more to go!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 06:23 AM)blebs Wrote: Just got to thinking, I have a 3rd question also. When you download the data to the card, does it do a full dump. I guess what I'm asking is, if I get the data and then later have to get the data for my pulmonologist, will the information still be downloadable so that he sees exactly what I see? Sorry if this sounds silly, but I've never done it before and the last thing I want to do is NOT have the data for the doctor.

OK here goes, I've been lurking long enough and have been gathering knowledge from you all for awhile now, this is my first post so please forgive if I mess this up.

One thing I know for sure is you can go out and purchase almost (I say almost because there could be that odd ball one out there that doesn't work) any SD card reader (cheap ones work too). Put your SD card into the reader, plug it into a USB on your PC and ResScan or SleepyHead will detect the card so you can import the data into the program.

IMPORTANT, before putting the SD card into the reader, look at the card and you will see a little slider on it with an open lock on one end and a closed lock on the other. Move the slider to the LOCKED end this will prevent you or the software from making changes to the data on the SD card or Oh-jeez mistakenly deleting everything on the card, it will only allow the program to import the data. Once in the program you can create reports, make notes, etc., and these things remain in the program data on the PC not on the SD card. Again IMPORTANT before putting the SD card back into the ResMed S9 move the slider back to the UN-LOCK position or your ResMed machine will not be able to record any further data for you.

Just an after thought (not sure how PC savvy you are), once data has been imported into your program you can then go on your PC anytime without using the reader/SD card and see your imported data. You will only need the SD/reader when you get some more time on your CPAP and more data to import. Do not touch the brass contacts on the SD card with your fingers, your body's natural oils will corrode the contacts in time.

Hope this helps you, sorry I can get a bit wordy at times.Goodnight
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pcdoc,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2013, 05:28 AM)pcdoc Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 06:23 AM)blebs Wrote: Just got to thinking, I have a 3rd question also. When you download the data to the card, does it do a full dump. I guess what I'm asking is, if I get the data and then later have to get the data for my pulmonologist, will the information still be downloadable so that he sees exactly what I see? Sorry if this sounds silly, but I've never done it before and the last thing I want to do is NOT have the data for the doctor.

OK here goes, I've been lurking long enough and have been gathering knowledge from you all for awhile now, this is my first post so please forgive if I mess this up.

One thing I know for sure is you can go out and purchase almost (I say almost because there could be that odd ball one out there that doesn't work) any SD card reader (cheap ones work too). Put your SD card into the reader, plug it into a USB on your PC and ResScan or SleepyHead will detect the card so you can import the data into the program.

IMPORTANT, before putting the SD card into the reader, look at the card and you will see a little slider on it with an open lock on one end and a closed lock on the other. Move the slider to the LOCKED end this will prevent you or the software from making changes to the data on the SD card or Oh-jeez mistakenly deleting everything on the card, it will only allow the program to import the data. Once in the program you can create reports, make notes, etc., and these things remain in the program data on the PC not on the SD card. Again IMPORTANT before putting the SD card back into the ResMed S9 move the slider back to the UN-LOCK position or your ResMed machine will not be able to record any further data for you.

Just an after thought (not sure how PC savvy you are), once data has been imported into your program you can then go on your PC anytime without using the reader/SD card and see your imported data. You will only need the SD/reader when you get some more time on your CPAP and more data to import. Do not touch the brass contacts on the SD card with your fingers, your body's natural oils will corrode the contacts in time.

Hope this helps you, sorry I can get a bit wordy at times.Goodnight

Thank you! That was going to be my question for this morning!

I asked the DME RT about the lock/unlock deal, but being who she was, wasn't about to give ME the information. How are people supposed to be proactive in their care if they get stonewalled all the time? Thinking-about

I picked up my machine on the 28th. They had Easy Breath enabled and that doesn't work well for me, so it's disabled now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 5 139 6 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 146 7 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 145 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 243 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 356 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,182 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 273 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.