Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 SD card setup
Resmed S9 SD card setup
Apparently my SD card went bad and need to setup a new one. Do I do that with the ResScan software or the S9 itself?

Thanks for the help!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 SD card setup
You do not need rescan. Put it in and the machine will let you know that it is doing and what you need to do if anything.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
It will either say it's formatting the card; or it will ask if you wish to format (warning that it will erase any data on the card.)
So, just put the new card in the slot. Your compliance data and last 30 days detailed data (but not the high sample rate data) will be written to the card.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help! I thought the card was bad but perhaps that's not the problem. The display just flashes ResMed on and off. I took the card out and put it in the laptop and it said it couldn't read it but now it's fine with it's data and I tried a new card with no luck either. Just flashes ResMed Sad Any other ideas would be great?

Thanks again for the help!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Might be the power supply.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 10:32 AM)sdb7802 Wrote: Might be the power supply.

Possible. It would be nice to have a spare to swap in.
But, it could just be the machine has gone belly-up.

You might try it with the humidifier separated from the blower unit.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried separating the unit from humidifier but no luck Sad

Thanks for the suggestions!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand the question.

Does the machine not work and just sits there flashing, or does it just not recognize a data card and record correctly? What happens if you run the machine without the card? It really doesn't care if it has a card in it's slot or not.

If it is a card problem, how big a card are you trying to use? Is it an SDHC card and not a plain vanilla SD card that is less than 2GB (some S-9s will not accep SDHC cards - only old, small capacity plain vanilla cards - mine were like that.)

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2016, 05:56 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I don't understand the question.

Does the machine not work and just sits there flashing, or does it just not recognize a data card and record correctly? What happens if you run the machine without the card? It really doesn't care if it has a card in it's slot or not.

If it is a card problem, how big a card are you trying to use? Is it an SDHC card and not a plain vanilla SD card that is less than 2GB (some S-9s will not accep SDHC cards - only old, small capacity plain vanilla cards - mine were like that.)

OMMOHY

It doesn't work at all. It does appear to power up since it does flash "resmed" in the display but that's all that is shown. I can't get to any other menu options and it doesn't turn on. The original card seems fine in the resScan software but a new card doesn't change anything or no card at all. I just called resmed and they said I need to take it to a local dealer for service.
Post Reply Post Reply
stb's suggested idea about power supply made me think of my S9 Autoset's recent problem. The smaller, third pin in the power connector (where 24 v. power is connected to the machine) had broken off. I learned that without this pin, the machine can't do much of anything. I took it to my DME, and they sent it to Resmed's facility in San Diego for evaluation. The results were returned to the DME with the options of repair the machine or dump it. When I got the repair estimate, I told the DME to have it repaired. As a result, my Autoset has just about all new innards (complete blower housing, PCB and acoustic foam.).

RE: taking yours to a local dealer for repair makes me wonder if mine went to ResMed in CA because my DME couldn't repair it? That is, if a larger DME is who was meant by "local dealer for service."

David
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,966 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 178 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,909 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 398 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 250 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 371 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 233 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.