Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 ... Set to APAP (or not)?
RE: Resmed S9 ... Set to APAP (or not)?
Good luck getting the machine you want. You seem to be doing very good on APAP, but you sure have an issue with removing the mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2017, 08:32 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Good luck getting the machine you want.  You seem to be doing very good on APAP, but you sure have an issue with removing the mask.

Thanks, Sleeprider. I think the mask removal thing goes all the way back to day 1. One piece of data available on my brick is average use hours, which is in the 4.5h/night range. It's very frustrating ... some mornings I awake and have no idea. Other times, I do know that I wake up at night ... and get frustrated ... and vigorously remove the headgear. It's definitely a place where I have room for improvement.

Today the APAP went back to the DME supplier from whom I rented the unit. I called the ENT's office, and learned they received the report from the home test. I have an appointment on 1 May to followup ... keeping my fingers crossed.

I also ordered a chinstrap. Maybe that will help a little bit.

-Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
So for the moment you're untreated? Wow! I can't imagine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No ... sorry for the mix-up(!).

I'll be reverting to my Respironics brick. (I have 2).

-Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure it's mentioned here somewhere, but try readin/watching TV or something enjoyable with your APAP on. The idea is to just get more comfortable with it. The time does count for compliance. If it helps you keep the mask on it also helps your treatment.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
And now for some thread necromancy.

I am now the proud owner of a Phillips Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP, and a ResMed S6(!).

Let the fun continue (will start a new thread).

Best-
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 89 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,426 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.