Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 ... Set to APAP (or not)?
RE: Resmed S9 ... Set to APAP (or not)?
Last night's chart. I've mentioned previously that me removing the headgear in the middle of the night is a pattern. I need to focus on compliance, and when I wake up I need to remember to keep the headgear on.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning ... hopefully that will be the case throughout the day.

I'm noticing in the charts that in the 0300 to 0500 time range that there are increasing pressure steps ... any insights into what may cause that?

[Image: XHV3xVQ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure increases appear to e in response to small increases in flow limitation. This is normal behavior for the Airsense 10 Autoset. Those are not particularly large pressure increases, about 1.0-1.5 cm which is a pretty comfortable range that should not disrupt your sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I've mentioned previously that me removing the headgear in the middle of the night is a pattern.

You're not alone there - it happens to me too. Seems to come and go with the problem persisting a week or so then I'm right again. I have no idea what's causing it, probably just some discomfort with the headgear or a leak into the eyes or something like that. If SWMBO wakes up she gives me the obligatory elbow in the ribs and I put the mask back on...
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2017, 09:20 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote:I've mentioned previously that me removing the headgear in the middle of the night is a pattern.

You're not alone there - it happens to me too. Seems to come and go with the problem persisting a week or so then I'm right again. I have no idea what's causing it, probably just some discomfort with the headgear or a leak into the eyes or something like that.  If SWMBO wakes up she gives me the obligatory elbow in the ribs and I put the mask back on...

Yes. My pattern seems to correlate to the season. In the winter I tend to have better compliance. In the summer, less so. Not sure why.

And yes, the War Department tends to wake up when I snore, and will happily oblige with a "friendly reminder" to use the CPAP.

Last night I had very poor compliance ... chart in next post. Frustrating. I've taken today and tomorrow off, so I'll probably have a nap today. Sigh.

-Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night of poor compliance. Sigh.
Last night's chart. Not so great.

What have others done to improve compliance? Advice is welcome!

[Image: hQy2r0d.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
If I get up in the middle of the night, I leave my mask on top of my pillow... so when I get back to bed, I have to move it (and thus remember to put it on).

I've had 100% compliance since the end of my 1st week, primarily because I feel so good during the day now! That's my motivation. And I'm also hoping it's improving my heart function.

As far as leaks... I believe it counts the excess air coming through the vents as "leak". The mask is designed to allow that. So it's possible you're 100% sealed all night long, and you still register leaks in the teens. At least that's how it is for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks are different between Resmed and Philips Respironics machines. The PR machines register everything that escapes the mask which means that it is everything that goes into the mask and then comes out the vents or anywhere else. The Resmed machines mathematically estimate the amount of air that is lost from the mask unintentionally.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, very cool!!! Thanks, Payton.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good compliance last night
Had reasonably good compliance last night, although there was a large leak (probably mouth breathing).

At-home sleep study kit arrived, but I'm traveling to NY to visit family for the Easter weekend ... so ... will do that next week.

[Image: GEb1PzY.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
So I finished my "at home sleep study" yesterday. That was not fun, as my apnea kicked my butt.

Last night I went back on the APAP and as you can see ... ironically ... I took the danged pillows off at 0100 and went 4 hours without therapy. Argh.

Also, today is the last day of the APAP rental. Hopefully the ENT will facilitate my ability to obtain a new APAP.

[Image: eLkqfMj.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 93 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 375 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 579 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 442 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.