Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Snore Index
Resmed S9 Snore Index
Hi,

I thought using a CPAP, APAP in my case, is meant to stop snoring?

I am wondering can these machines actually detect snoring, or is it just mask noise?

With the attached pic, am I actually snoring?

Regards,
Sn

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Snore Index
Snoring indicate compromised upper airways and the vibrating sound it make recorded as snoring. Being congested and if the hose rubbing against the bed covers can be recorded. In general finely tuned CPAP should eliminate snoring but not 100% all the time. Some snoring is acceptable but if loud snoring persist night after night it indicate the pressure is not adequate.
Why not let the S9 AutoSet does what suppose to do best deliver the right amount of pressure to deal with flow limitation, snore, and apnea.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2012, 03:57 AM)zonk Wrote: Why not let the S9 AutoSet does what suppose to do best deliver the right amount of pressure to deal with flow limitation, snore, and apnea.

I do run mine in Auto.

The pic is from auto mode.

Regards,
Sn

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2012, 04:55 AM)Snoozin Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 03:57 AM)zonk Wrote: Why not let the S9 AutoSet does what suppose to do best deliver the right amount of pressure to deal with flow limitation, snore, and apnea.

I do run mine in Auto.

The pic is from auto mode.

Regards,
Sn
Can't tell from the pic and didn't profile indicated pressure 16?
Post Reply Post Reply
You could be snoring or it could be picking up hose/mask vibrations. Regardless, I wouldn't be too concerned about it as your graphs aren't even indicating a moderate volume level of snoring.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2012, 03:57 AM)zonk Wrote: Can't tell from the pic and didn't profile indicated pressure 16?

Yeah, changed it. 16 (15.7) is what it averages out overnight, which the sleep study peeps got right for when I was using a cpap machine. But it also did show Autoset as well. And I have yet to see anyone buy an autoset just to run it in cpap mode, at least in any forums (inc this one) that I read.

Regards,
Sn

(05-08-2012, 08:34 AM)b360155 Wrote: You could be snoring or it could be picking up hose/mask vibrations. Regardless, I wouldn't be too concerned about it as your graphs aren't even indicating a moderate volume level of snoring.

Yeah I'm not worried. Just was surprised to see a reading when I thought cpap is meant to stop it, that's all.

Regards,
Sn

Post Reply Post Reply
It can to a huge degree but it can still happen. I have always snored with my mouth shut so when I am congested, I can rattle the windows.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 701 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
  [Pressure] Improving CA Index InertToxin 1 434 07-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: InertToxin
  How can you snore without any flow limits? TexasDon 2 530 03-19-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How are snore breaths detected? Albercook 1 610 11-29-2022, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.