Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 VAUTO or series 10 VAUTO?
Resmed S9 VAUTO or series 10 VAUTO?
Hi everyone.  Hope all of you are doing well.  Hopefully someone can help me decide.

I've come to the realization, from my results and by a couple recommendations from a couple/few prominent members of this great board, that I should probably be using a BiPap.  I thought the Airsense 10 Autoset would be good enough, and compared to the System One it's been great.  However, my results have been less than stellar.  I still have the daytime fatigue, but not nearly as worse as before I started PAP therapy, but I want it gone, gone, gone.  
                                   Anyway, on to my question(s).  I found, near me, a Resmed S9 VAUTO for a great price.  Apparently, from what I've been told, the machine has never been used, and if that's true the price is too good to pass up.  I know that the 10 VAUTO is the newer model, but due to the lack of good insurance from my employer, I am forced to pay for all my PAP equipment, supplies, etc, out of pocket, so price is an issue.  The price for the S9 VAUTO is considerably less than even a refurbished 10 VAUTO.  So, my question is, is the S9 VAUTO a worthy "competitor" to the 10 VAUTO, or is the big increase I would pay for the 10 VAUTO justified.  I could be wrong, but I'm sure the algorithm hasn't changed that much from the S9 to the 10 series, and it treats events just as good.  Other than the 10 series being a newer model, is there any real advantage over the S9 VAUTO?  
                                    Thanks for any info of opinions between models you have.  

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 VAUTO or series 10 VAUTO?
Verify run hours (not therapy hours) and run the machine to see that it in fact does work and I would say go for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  That’s the answer I was looking for.  LOL.   Would you happen to know the model of the S9 VPAP auto?  Is it IPX1?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look on the bottom of the machine, you should see one of these numbers:
36006, 36016 or 36026.

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/su...-auto.html
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have time, you could also look on craigslist. There was a brand new Aircurve 10 VAuto which went for $250 last week that I saw.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never have any luck on Craigslist.  They’re always way to far from me.  I have much better luck with Mercari app or OfferUp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose.  I’ll look out for that too.  Any difference I the numbers?  One a newer model than another one?  As always, thank you for your help and knowledge.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 06:36 PM)Bweekzzz Wrote: Thanks OpalRose.  I’ll look out for that too.  Any difference I the numbers?  One a newer model than another one?  As always, thank you for your help and knowledge.

36006 is just the Vpap auto by itself
36016 includes the humidifier
36026 includes humidifier and heated hose

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/su...-auto.html
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys.  Hope everyone is well.  
        Well the machine wasn’t a VPAP auto.  Turned out it was a S9 Elite.  I did however find a couple S9 VPAP Adapt machines for what I thinK are decent prices.  I know the S9 adapt machine system are ASV machines, but my thinking is, why not get the machine that can treat all kinds of apnea’s/breathing irregularities.  Nobody knows what tomorrow’s gonna bring so why not be “prepared” just in case.  The one VPAP adapt is selling for 360 and has 102 run hours on it (with a pic verifying) and the other one is 400 Andy the description says never used.  
         Maybe my thinking is wrong, but if you guys could give me some insight as to whether one of these machines would be a good decision to buy. 
          Thanks again, and hope your all having a great day.

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're problem is not predominately central or complex apnea, any ASV machine is a mistake. The pressure changes will disrupt your sleep and not provide a therapy benefit. Another member JesseLee gave it a try, and you can see his results. I assume these are Craigslist finds, and there are certainly people that could use them. This post summarizes his experience, but feel free to read the whole thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid249489 Ultimately, he settled on an Aircurve 10 Vauto. The problem with ASV is that in any bilevel mode, you cannot turn off the timed pressure support to maintain tidal volume. I personally would not use ASV instead of my conventional Vauto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 719 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.