Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 VAUTO or series 10 VAUTO?
RE: Resmed S9 VAUTO or series 10 VAUTO?
Sleeprider, your knowledge just boggles my mind.  Thank you for always helping out!!  
            The machines are on OfferUp, so if you know anybody that could use them that’s where they are.  
            As far as the VPAP auto machines, I will keep my eye out for an Aircurve 10, but in the meantime, what are your opinions on the Resmed S9 VPAP auto?  I know the Aircurve is the newer machine, but is the S9 VPAP auto comparable to the Aircurve?  Only reason I ask is insurance is a problem and I’m paying out of pocket for any CPAP stuff and even a used Aircurve can be quite expensive.  
             As always thank you for your knowledge and help!! 
                      Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Aircurve 10 VAUTO as my main machine and an S9 VAuto as my back up (and also my traveling machine as I can leave the humidifier behind if I wish). My experience is that from a therapy point of view I can't distinguish between them. I believe this is because the internals of both machines are the same and they both use the same algorithm. Where they differ is cosmetically - shape, footprint, controls, etc. I think you would be perfectly fine using the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Holden.  I actually came home and got on OfferUp and found a 10 vauto for $350.  He SAYS it has 200 machine hours on it.  After a lot of checking him out on google, Facebook, LinkedIn,  I took the plunge.  Here’s to hoping I didn’t get scammed.  Paid with PayPal so at least I have buyer protection just in case.  Again, thanks for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best wishes for the purchase. I love my 10 VAuto it's a great machine
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2019, 06:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you're problem is not predominately central or complex apnea, any ASV machine is a mistake.  The pressure changes will disrupt your sleep and not provide a therapy benefit.  Another member JesseLee gave it a try, and you can see his results.   I assume these are Craigslist finds, and there are certainly people that could use them.  This post summarizes his experience, but feel free to read the whole thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid249489   Ultimately, he settled on an Aircurve 10 Vauto.  The problem with ASV is that in any bilevel mode, you cannot turn off the timed pressure support to maintain tidal volume.  I personally would not use ASV instead of my conventional Vauto.

I had primarily hypopneas and apnea's (45 AHI) during both my sleep studies.  My titration study put me on bipap at 17/13.  My test machine was an Autoset.  I also did a trial on a Dreamstation bipap which did not go well, although it did flag a lot of periodic breathing (10-15% most nights).  Anyways, the doc prescribed Apap and I just felt horrible.  

Fast forward a month, I bought an ASV on craigslist and it has been nothing short of amazing for me.  Most nights, I get in the neighborhood of 0.0-0.4 AHI and I wake feeling rested.  I have found it best to keep the settings to a max 16 cm so the mask doesn't leak which is what wakes me. 

I also found a vAuto and ST to try off Craigslist.  I know this isn't that advisable to randomly try machines but it worked for me and now feel best on the ASV.  I still do have to try the VAuto. 

So I think this one really depends on the person - for me, my sleep studies all pointed to APAP, or straight bipap, but ASV has worked the best for me keeping the max at 16.  It is an expensive experiment, but I do sleep a third of my life.  I actually find the breath support reassuring/comforting.

If the new VAuto doesn't work for you, I would try the CPAP Adapt.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 144 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 732 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,364 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.