Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 VPAP Auto Bilevel w/EPR
Resmed S9 VPAP Auto Bilevel w/EPR
I'm considering purchasing the above machine new for $450 but supplier is not on your list.  My Bipap + M series is giving up after 11 1/2 years of continual use.  

Have severe OSA with pressures from study 11 years ago at 20/14.  Looking forward to auto feature on new.  Should I be?  Can I expect a half life like my Respironics?

Thanks for any input on this model that the forum might have.

Wyn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 VPAP Auto Bilevel w/EPR
G'day wynmill. Welcome to Apnea Board.

That price does seem incredibly low, even though the S9 has been out of production for quite a few years. You might like to do a price comparison with Supplier #2 who has some "gently used" VPAP Autos starting at $629 and a new-in-box unit for $1349. At $450 you might wonder if the price is too good to be true.

The S9 was a pretty reliable model. Mine is pushing six years old - in that time the humidifier failed and was replaced under extended warranty. At the same time Resmed replaced the motor free of charge "just in case". Otherwise no problems whatever.
Post Reply Post Reply
Blower hours would be the determining factor for me. Also, has it been used in a smoke free and pet free (allergies) environment? I have an S9 that is my back up machine and it works very well. I got it from Supplier #2 with limited hours and I expect it to last me for quite a while. Supplier #2 is extremely reliable and stands behind the used machines they sell.

One caveat, the algorithm that Resmed use is different to Respironics. It's a little more aggressive in responding to events but I personally prefer this. I've had a Respironics BiPAP machine but find the Resmed better for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2019, 12:00 AM)wynmill Wrote: I'm considering purchasing the above machine new for $450 but supplier is not on your list. 

That price seems too good to be true, but it could be some kind of clearance. The S9 series was replaced with the A10 series (although some people call it S10) a few years ago.

Quote:Looking forward to auto feature on new.  Should I be?

Yes. You've been using that old machine for so long there's no way to tell if it's providing good treatment. With the new machine and the free OSCAR software you'll be able to fine tune the settings and optimize your therapy.

Quote:Can I expect a half life like my Respironics?

No way to tell, but ResMed makes a very good machine. I bought my S9 VPAP Auto used several years ago. I used it as my primary machine for a few years and now I use it as my back up or travel machine. They have a reputation for being reliable.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deep Breathing, Thank you for the reply.  If I can get 6 years on this machine, I will be ecstatic.  I'll check the supplier you mentioned and see but there are other internet specials on this machine under $500.

Wyn

Sleepster, Thanks for the info.  I want to try the auto and now I'll go for it.  It is a clearance so we';ll see.

Wyn
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a Resmed Auto VPAP with 950 hours advertized for $350 in Mesa AZ Craigslist. Sounds like you're onto a good deal, and I'm sure you will like it more than your dying M-Series.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, Thank you.  Mesa is drivable if the machine has humidifier and climate tube.

Wyn
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wynmill.  Adding on to Sleepriders comment of craigslist, have you tried OfferUp or Mercari.  I’ve gotten great deals on both apps.  The latest being a Resmed Aircurve Vauto with 200 hours for 300 bucks.  There’s actually an Aircurve Vauto on OfferUp right now for 350.  Not sure of the hours, but you can always ask the seller.  Just search Resmed Vauto on OfferUp and it comes up.  
        Hope this helps.  I know what a pain it can be searching for used machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shoot.  Just looked again and the other one is described as brand new with zero hours on it for 400 dollars.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the clinician's manual and learn how to check the run hours before you buy from an individual.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Bilevel and lots of CAs Thorne88 0 44 5 hours ago
Last Post: Thorne88
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 81 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 201 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 179 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Bilevel ASV - Resuming After Septoplaasty Dread 130 8,172 03-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.