Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 autoset data
Resmed S9 autoset data
Hi, 
I have been using the S9 autoset for over 5 years. My AHI reading on the machine has always been anywhere from 18 to 38 but I felt okay so never worried about it. The last six months I have been feeling bad so I decided to check my data on sleepyhead for more info. Sleepyhead shows my ahi under 5 every night (consistent 6+ hours night usuage). Can anyone explain why there is such a big descraepancy? I have looked through various forums and not find an answer. I am new to sleepyhead, I used the resmed software in the past which was pretty consistent with the machine data. 
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 autoset data
Hi jurameky - Welcome

Are you sure it was 18 to 38 and not 1.8 to 3.8?  Without seeing a daily chart,  I won't be of much further help.  Please read the topics I have listed in my signature for the proper way to display a chart for review.

Good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am certain it is not 1.8; usually in the twenties, rarely under 10. I am not so much concerned about reading the sleepyhead data as much as wondering why the big discrepancy. Was wondering if this is common or anyone else has the same experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
jurameky, currently what is the difference between what your S9 displays and what SH reports?

When you began noticing the poor feelings, was AHIs was your S9 still showing the high AHI numbers?

Are you still under the care of the doctor who prescribed the S9?  In any case, since it's been 5 years, you are due another sleep study.  It is possible (likely, in my opinion) that you have developed more severe or additional issues.  Sadly, your S9 isn't the best tool for self-titration.  That being said, you probably have noticed that there are many gurus in this forum and you can get some sound and helpful advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don’t have an SD card in the machine when you are sleeping then sleepyhead does not have detailed data without detailed data sleepyhead gives incorrect statistics... also even with a data card inserted on an S9 the data retention is only 7 days of high resolution data such as flow graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,254 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 268 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,605 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 327 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet 39517 (22231480293) human 4 700 11-05-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 983 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help recovering Resmed A10 sdcard data epc002 2 701 07-01-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.