Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Resmed S9 data card
Every week or two I take the data card out of my resmed S9 and download the data into the Resmed application. I have been doing this for the last 2 years. I have noticed over the last couple of months that each time I put the card back into the S9, it tells me that the data card is bad and I have to delete the data on the card to make it work again. I am ejecting the card from my PC before I detach the card reader.

Since I download the data on a regular basis deleting the data on card has not caused me to lose any data.

I'm wondering why this is happening.
01-16-2014 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Resmed S9 data card
(01-16-2014 09:05 AM)hoser Wrote:  Every week or two I take the data card out of my resmed S9 and download the data into the Resmed application. I have been doing this for the last 2 years. I have noticed over the last couple of months that each time I put the card back into the S9, it tells me that the data card is bad and I have to delete the data on the card to make it work again. I am ejecting the card from my PC before I detach the card reader.

Since I download the data on a regular basis deleting the data on card has not caused me to lose any data.

I'm wondering why this is happening.

I am not sure how to help you with why this is happening (I am presuming that you don't have an SD slot in your PC) but I did want to say that you probably should download your info more than every 2 weeks or so as some data is not stored past 7 days.

I am sure you will get some better answers from others.
01-16-2014 09:20 AM
drgrimes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 Resmed Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Dreamwear
Humidifier: resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

Hoser, I was having similar problems. Two things will solve this problem. You have to power the S9 down by holding the power button down until the screen goes totally black (2 or three seconds) before removing SD card, then move the little lock button to the "locked" position.

When replacing SD into S9, unlock first, replace card, then press the power button. It should say something about reading the card, but no other error messages should appear.

I have not had a data error for several months since doing it this way.
01-16-2014 10:51 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Someone found the problem was faulty card reader and someone else said reformatting the card solve the problem. Lock the card before you put in the card reader prevent anything written on the card and corrupt it. If you forget to unlock the card, the machine will remind you to unlock as it does not start with the card in lock position. If flow data important to you, you need download at least once a week. the card store 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data. Detailed data including flow data written directly on the card (not stored by the machine)
01-16-2014 02:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself? FormerFed 19 2,497 11-03-2016 03:17 PM
Last Post: PreciousRoy
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 546 10-29-2016 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  No Data on SD Card jamr005 3 240 10-29-2016 08:22 PM
  [CPAP] Do sleep MD's use memory card data? beet 15 782 09-23-2016 07:25 PM
Last Post: richb
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,404 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  SD Card Data Question icyura10 4 476 08-15-2016 01:04 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  invalid date/time. data exists for this period message on Resmed 9 autoset Marl1n 3 473 07-25-2016 09:03 PM