Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 detected unknown apneas but there are none on a graph in any software!?
Resmed S9 detected unknown apneas but there are none on a graph in any software!?
First of all, happy New Year and best wishes to all! Smile

And now to the point: this is beginning of my third month on S9 and this morning LCD on my Resmed S9 shows AHI 2.3.
I downloaded data in SleepyHead and ResScan and results are: in SleepyHead AHI is 1.57, and in ResScan, AHI is 2.3 (the same as on LCD). The reason for difference is in unknown apneas - machine detected them and calculated in AHI but neither SleepyHead nor ResScan shows them on their graphs!? I think that SleepyHead calculated AHI from events from graph so it gives smaller value because there are no unknown apneas there - but that is smaller problem - the thing that bothers me is the fact that either ResScan nor SleepyHead does not shows ANY unknown apneas in their graphs - but S9 detected them and calculated - and, looks like it did not marked them last night!?! Is this some kind of bug in machine? I had unknown apneas few times during last two months and they are normally listed in graphs in both programs - but last night was the first time they are not shown in any graph, but they are detected by the machine!

Detailed AHI values from ResScan and S9 LCD are:
AHI 2.3
OA 0.9
CA 0.3,
HA = 0.2
Unknown apneas 0.7

All values are the same in SleepyHead except unknown (unclassified) apneas which are 0 there.

I slept for 5 hours so 0.7 is almost one per hour - it is not small amount and should be shown on graph - but there are none...

Anybody had same situation? Or maybe my S9 starting to be "buggy" (I assume software is OK because both programs shows graphs correctly - so looks like there are really no data of unnown apneas written on SD but calculated in AHI in the same time)?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 5 242 03-09-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: meatheadmd
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 15 630 03-08-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 253 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,224 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 267 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 430 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 242 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.