Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 not capturing all data
RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data
What I have learned here is that you really need to disconnect the machine from the power outlet because otherwise some portions of the electronics stay powered up even though the machine has been shut off. You also need to leave it disconnected from the power source for some time in order to give all of the electronics time for the power to dissipate. I have done this with my machine and have not lost any data.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 08:18 PM)PaytonA Wrote: What I have learned here is that you really need to disconnect the machine from the power outlet because otherwise some portions of the electronics stay powered up even though the machine has been shut off. You also need to leave it disconnected from the power source for some time in order to give all of the electronics time for the power to dissipate. I have done this with my machine and have not lost any data.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Yes.... If you need to reboot. But not every day. Every day would be rude. We do not want to be rude. But then, everybody does things differently. Except me. I do things the same.

Post Reply Post Reply
Problem solved. I replaced the SD card with a recycled 2gb card. Now all data is being recorded properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 11:22 AM)goodonya Wrote: I am not computer savvy enough to do rescan and sleepyhead.
Thanks

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the S9 VPAP Adapt. If by any remote chance there is someone here that is familiar with it that can verify that its set up very similar to the S9 AutoSet, and you were willing, I could easily lead you through the set up and then show you how to download your data daily, all be e mail using screenshots but as I am not familiar with your machine, as said, I would have to have it verified for me first, that they were basically the same software so i would know how to guide you.

Someone would have to be familiar with both machines...........IF there is someone that might be.

If you have access to your data but its just a matter of not being savvy, then if not myself, do you not have any family, or friends, neighbours, etc that would walk you through it, so you too can see whats going on within you?

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 08:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote: No, you will not lose any data. But you don't need to unplug it either. Just turn it off in the morning, make yourself a great cup of coffee using a mixture of beans from Indonesia and Central America. ...and have a great day.
Since you can't use Sleepyhead, it might be more difficult for you to pinpoint a problem. But problems at the stage are usually mask leaks, or mouth leaks. So focus on the leak thing.

If all else fails, maybe it's time for you to try a different type of mask.

But don't worry, we all experience ups and downs with this stuff.

Thanks for the encouragement. It is an odd experience in many ways.
I just found that a bit of French Roast beans mixed with the medium makes a nicer tasting cup of brew... smiles.
I do have a total face mask I have been circling around for a while.
Smiles... here.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 12:33 AM)goodonya Wrote: I just found that a bit of French Roast beans mixed with the medium makes a nicer tasting cup of brew... smiles.

Coffee
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2014, 03:45 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 11:22 AM)goodonya Wrote: I am not computer savvy enough to do rescan and sleepyhead.
Thanks

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the S9 VPAP Adapt. If by any remote chance there is someone here that is familiar with it that can verify that its set up very similar to the S9 AutoSet, and you were willing, I could easily lead you through the set up and then show you how to download your data daily, all be e mail using screenshots but as I am not familiar with your machine, as said, I would have to have it verified for me first, that they were basically the same software so i would know how to guide you.

Someone would have to be familiar with both machines...........IF there is someone that might be.

If you have access to your data but its just a matter of not being savvy, then if not myself, do you not have any family, or friends, neighbours, etc that would walk you through it, so you too can see whats going on within you?

Hi, thanks, I am thinking I need to just push on into getting the software. I just have a little shrimpy Acer laptop. I think I need just a stand alone laptop that is not on the internet for just the software.

For all I know people that use both Sleepyhead and Rescan are using two little laptops at once. It is probably written about here in the forum somewhere. I just have to take the time and study and see
what I am looking at. ... Smiles...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2014, 03:45 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote:

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the S9 VPAP Adapt. If by any remote chance there is someone here that is familiar with it that can verify that its set up very similar to the S9 AutoSet, and you were willing, I could easily lead you through the set up and then show you how to download your data daily, all by email using screenshots but as I am not familiar with your machine, as said, I would have to have it verified for me first, that they were basically the same software so i would know how to guide you.

For all S9 machines, the ResScan software installation and how to download and view the data is identical.

There is a ResScan user guide which is useful, but I am posting this by phone and don't have the link to the user guide right now. I suppose the main (very long) thread on the ResScan software would include links to the ResScan user guide.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2014, 02:00 PM)hoser Wrote: Problem solved. I replaced the SD card with a recycled 2gb card. Now all data is being recorded properly.

In that case, I suggest you reformat the bad SD card to see if that makes it as good as new again.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Vsheline, I will get on it tomorrow and see what it says. I downloaded some stuff today at the library. Now I am thinking about trying to pull up some of yours and others posts and print them off at the library as well so I can cross reference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 280 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 523 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,130 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,602 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 844 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 288 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 456 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.