Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 not capturing all data
RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data
(06-09-2014, 11:22 AM)goodonya Wrote: I unplug my machine(S9 VpapAdapt) to turn it on and off everyday. Am I supposed to be leaving it plugged in all the time?

Hi goodonya,

I suggest it is not good to turn off the machine by first turning off main power. Best to turn off machine (by holding down the power button until after the screen flashes and then goes dark). Then, unplug or turn off mains power, if desired.

Then it is safe to remove the SD card. (Don't remove it until after the machine has been turned off using power button.)
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 03:55 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 11:22 AM)goodonya Wrote: I unplug my machine(S9 VpapAdapt) to turn it on and off everyday. Am I supposed to be leaving it plugged in all the time?

Hi goodonya,

I suggest it is not good to turn off the machine by first turning off main power. Best to turn off machine (by holding down the power button until after the screen flashes and then goes dark). Then, unplug or turn off mains power, if desired.

Then it is safe to remove the SD card. (Don't remove it until after the machine has been turned off using power button.)
while it probably doesn't hurt to do what you said, I've never bothered to turn off any of the S9 machines I've used. not my first elite, or the vpap auto I have no, or a friends vpap adapt... just pop the card in and out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 01:48 AM)goodonya Wrote: Hi, thanks, I am thinking I need to just push on into getting the software. I just have a little shrimpy Acer laptop. I think I need just a stand alone laptop that is not on the internet for just the software.

For all I know people that use both Sleepyhead and Rescan are using two little laptops at once. It is probably written about here in the forum somewhere. I just have to take the time and study and see
what I am looking at. ... Smiles...

You don't need a powerful machine to run either ResScan or SleepyHead, and you can quite easily run both on the same computer. ResScan takes up about 50 Mb of hard disk and SH takes about 75 (plus the data). So if you have a reasonable amount of spare space you should be fine. Neither program is particularly hard to use, but Sleepyhead is easier and takes less clicks to get things done. ResScan is really set up for clinic use with multiple patients.

Given your history I really think it would be a good idea to get hold of the software and see what's happening each night. Plenty of people here are happy to help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 286 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 532 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,148 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,644 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 852 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 290 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 462 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.