Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 user -- autoset or not
RE: Resmed S9 user -- autoset or not
Thanks everyone for your input. I have been uncharacteristically tractable in this matter, so thanks for the nudge. I like my sleep doc, haven't had the negative experiences some of you describe, and while the techs are a different matter, even there I don't get the sense of a sinister cash grab. However, the insistence on a fixed CPAP mode has become a non-starter. Frankly, now that the apnea has been identified and a treatment protocol started, the role of the sleep doctor is secondary.

My experience is greatly improved on autoset. Leakage is reduced and I'm not waking up in the night with dry mouth, not waking up at all for that matter, and the AHI reading is in the same range, .6 more or less. I have an EPR setting of 2 on my machine and have set the autoset range from eight to 12, knowing that 12 is the high end based on the doctor's review of my stats. I reduced the ramp time to five minutes and will likely put it to off in the near future. So all is good. It's taken me a while to appreciate that ultimately I'm responsible for knowing the process and what is working best for my sleep and night time comfort.

Bit of a hiccup on downloading Sleepyhead. Got a pop up telling me I can only open Apple approved software, but will go into preferences and sort that out in the near future. Next step for me is start reading and understanding the data.

This is a terrific place with lots of helpful personal experiences and technical support. Good on all of you for stepping up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 374 10 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 468 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 594 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.