Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 variations between machines
Resmed S9 variations between machines
Hi everyone,

Recently I had my three year old Resmed S9 in for repairs. While it was getting fixed, I had a rental model. Same style Resmed S9, same exact settings.

I used the rental for over a month. With the rental my pressures each night were running about 8 or so. Prior to that with my original one, the pressures were running about 11-12 on average.

I got the original machine back and have used it for a few nights now. Again the pressures are up to 11-12 on average.

Is there really that much difference between units? I can see no difference in the settings, and they are both the same model. I used my own tubing and mask on each one.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 variations between machines
I'd suspect that one of them is mis-calibrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I tell which one?
Post Reply Post Reply
You would need a manometer for the appropriate range and the correct fittings. Likely your supplier has these if they do any service work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JT,

It is not good to have the Min Pressure setting more than 1 to 4 lower than your 90% or 95% pressure.

The 95 percentile pressure is the measured/estimated pressure your mask was at or below at least 95% of the time. It is also the pressure the mask was at or above for at least 5% of the time.

ResMed machines use the Min Pressure as a target they are always slowly trying to get back to. If the Min Pressure is too low the machine will be too quick to lower the pressure, making it more likely that obstructive events will happen more frequently.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
JT--As chill has suggested, it may be that one of the two machines is not properly calibrated. You could ask your DME if it is possible for them to test the machine for pressure calibration?

David
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 499 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,154 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,023 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.