Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 whistle
RE: Resmed S9 whistle
(12-12-2012, 06:35 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: I've never heard any sound from mine except the one time I didn't have the humidifier lid closed all the way.

Has anyone tried to isolate the sound specifically to the H5i? Like disconnecting it and connecting the hose directly to the S9 and then try to see if it makes the same whistling sound?

How about isolating the area where the sound is coming from, put your ear next to the output side while simultaneously breathing through the mask, when it starts whistling it should be fairly easy to locate, in the past, while working on car's I've used a 2 ft piece of 3/8" hose or tubing stuck against my ear to help isolate various sounds.

If it's truly the H5i that generates the sound has anyone tried to isolate where it's actually coming from? There's 3 possibilities, the H5i lid gasket, the S9 to H5i port gasket and the H5i output port to the hose which is also a replaceable part that has a both gasket and an "O" ring, one of these 3 parts has got to be the culprit.

The one variable that not everyone shows on their profile panel is which hose they're using, does this only occur while using a ClimateLine hose that makes very minimal contact with the output port as opposed to a regular hose (SlimLine or 22mm) that has a much larger contact area over the output port.

Can someone try to "jiggle" their ClimateLine hose while breathing through their mask to see if this will re-create the problem or make it stop?

Has anyone tried removing the H5i lid and then re-attaching it to ensure it's completely snapped-onto the base?

How about running a slightly dampened cloth around the silicone lid seal and the H5i to S9 rubber seal located inside the round female connector to the S9 output?

I've tried everything I can think of to make mine whistle and it just won't do it but, for those that have the whistle, I really think it may be related to the ClimateLine connector that's causing it, there may be a "nick" in the gray molded connector.

I've gotta know! Can someone please figure-out where it's coming from?

Good luck!

Ren

Pretty cool set of tests, Ren!

I have a regular slimline hose. My whistle occurs very occasionally, and only for short periods of time, so I don't know that I'd be able to isolate any one thing. It does seem more common when the overall hose noise is greater than usual, and sometimes when my pillows are a little off. I usually fuss around with the position of the pillows, hose, my head, etc. until the whistle stops.

To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 558 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  F&P Vitera Full Face Mask Whistle berkshire17 20 4,696 11-23-2022, 04:18 PM
Last Post: berkshire17
  DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise watertrails 9 2,539 04-24-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: watertrails
  [CPAP] Is it normal to hear a subtle whistle when the machine is working? juanjo 24 7,741 05-27-2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UncollapseMeThroat
  DREAMSTATION WHISTLE aa1xd 15 9,151 01-10-2019, 01:29 AM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  [Equipment] nasal pillows [whistle] confusedcpap 6 3,936 11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: nicholb
  2nd DreamStation with a Whistle? Should I get a different brand? Raven87 29 8,869 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Raven87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.