Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 whistle
RE: Resmed S9 whistle
(12-20-2012, 01:15 AM)TheWerkz Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 04:21 PM)hunningsedaniel Wrote: I also have the whistle on exhale and my S9 is less than a week old.

Are you using a ClimateLine hose? Anyone? This is still my best guess.

I should be able to pick up my new ClimateLine when I have my next appointment January 3rd.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2012, 06:52 PM)Ugly Wrote: I should be able to pick up my new ClimateLine when I have my next appointment January 3rd.

Sean,

But since you don't have one yet, is your S9 Escape whistling?

Paula reported that her S9 Escape DID whistle on exhale but her new AutoSet does NOT whistle...

I'm now wondering if this may possibly be caused by a connector inside the flow generator instead of one of the 4 external possibilities I listed in my earlier post.

I may disassemble my S9 and take a look, this really bug's me! Thinking-about

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2012, 07:14 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:
(12-25-2012, 06:52 PM)Ugly Wrote: I should be able to pick up my new ClimateLine when I have my next appointment January 3rd.

Sean,

Only once. There's a rubber cap on the bottom called a "Ports Cap" in the exploded diagram and it came undone. I found that was the source of the whistling. When I fastened it back on the problem was solved. Mind you I had to do some troubleshooting in other areas until I found it (sort of how it was the night I had rainout) but I found it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2012, 12:24 AM)Ugly Wrote: Only once. There's a rubber cap on the bottom called a "Ports Cap" in the exploded diagram and it came undone.

That was from your mask right?

My Mirage Quattro has the O2 bleed-in ports too, I experienced trying to find mine one night after it popped-out when I was asleep. I always remove the silicone O2 port cap when I wash all my mask parts every weekend. I learned to use a Q-Tip to make sure it's completely dry before I put it back together, if there's any moisture it will slide right back out.

So you haven't had an actual whistle sound coming from your S9 Escape?

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2012, 01:05 AM)TheWerkz Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 12:24 AM)Ugly Wrote: Only once. There's a rubber cap on the bottom called a "Ports Cap" in the exploded diagram and it came undone.

That was from your mask right?

My Mirage Quattro has the O2 bleed-in ports too, I experienced trying to find mine one night after it popped-out when I was asleep. I always remove the silicone O2 port cap when I wash all my mask parts every weekend. I learned to use a Q-Tip to make sure it's completely dry before I put it back together, if there's any moisture it will slide right back out.

So you haven't had an actual whistle sound coming from your S9 Escape?

YES! - if you mean the entire system as a whole (including the mask). Not the machine itself but from the mask. I did check all connections in the troubleshooting process. That's why I went searching for the cause. That's when I eventually found the cap popped out. The result was an annoying whistling noise that sent me searching for the reason. THAT was the reason. I know that there may be other reasons for a mask to whistle but since it was the solution in my case I thought I'd add it to the list of possibilities - one more thing to rule out if nothing else.
Yes the whistling stopped after the cap was securely plugged back into the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
Where can I find an exploded diagram. I'd like to try reseating that also.

(12-26-2012, 12:24 AM)Ugly Wrote:
(12-25-2012, 07:14 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:

Sean,

Only once. There's a rubber cap on the bottom called a "Ports Cap" in the exploded diagram and it came undone. I found that was the source of the whistling. When I fastened it back on the problem was solved. Mind you I had to do some troubleshooting in other areas until I found it (sort of how it was the night I had rainout) but I found it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2013, 10:14 PM)goldbergsfg Wrote: Where can I find an exploded diagram. I'd like to try reseating that also.

(12-26-2012, 12:24 AM)Ugly Wrote:
(12-25-2012, 07:14 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: Sean,

My appointment was canceled until next week although I left a message saying that I didn't need her to set my pressure, I already did <g> - that I need the ClimateLine hose and it's still extremely important to go through with the trade-in for an AutoSet.
An exploded diagram, so to speak, may be available on the manufacturer's website. I'm talking the mask or possibly nasal pillows of course, not the CPAP itself. I get most of my information online. And it all fits nicely on a DVD - documentation, manuals, user and the "forbidden" clinical manuals, software, diagrams, etc etc. If I don't keep all my junk in one place it gets lost. That's why I make sure my head is securely fastened each morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2013, 10:14 PM)goldbergsfg Wrote: Where can I find an exploded diagram. I'd like to try reseating that also.

Hi Goldbergsfg, Welcome

I don't think your nasal cushion is the same but the ports cap we are referring to can be found Here look for "ports cap" at the bottom of the diagram.

The whistling sound that started this whole thread was by all other accounts caused somewhere within the confines of the S9 & H5i humidifier, not from a mask leak whistle.

If you have any other questions just ask away.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2013, 12:06 AM)TheWerkz Wrote:

Hi Goldbergsfg, Welcome

I don't think your nasal cushion is the same but the ports cap we are referring to can be found Here

Yes, that's what I meant by "exploded" diagram, as in all the parts separate like it exploded. I didn't make up the term. The small but mighty mask instructions were an early part of my information collection that morphed into a large binder (and a smaller one for ResScan but only because I ran out of room)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2012, 06:54 AM)Hallock27 Wrote: I just got the S9 last week after having the S6 for 10 years. I notice the whistle as well on exhale and my wife is getting extremely annoyed with it. I love the S9 compared to my old clunky S6, i actually get much better therapy from the S9, but may have to go back to the S6 if I can't figure out the whistle.
Clearly the whistle is not an isolated issue fork me and must be a flaw in the machine, since I have seen too many folks complaining about it.
Has anyone contacted ResMed about this? If so, what did they identify as the issue or suggest to resolve?

You might call ResMed Customer Service directly and give them serial numbers of your machine and humidifier and ask if they will repair/replace your unit under warrantee.

No idea, but I would guess they will be helpful.

If ResMed will repair/replace the unit, no sales receipt is needed but you would need to give to a DME provider (any DME, not necessary to be one you bought the machine from) to send to ResMed for repair, since ResMed won't accept returns directly from patients.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 543 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  F&P Vitera Full Face Mask Whistle berkshire17 20 4,651 11-23-2022, 04:18 PM
Last Post: berkshire17
  DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise watertrails 9 2,503 04-24-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: watertrails
  [CPAP] Is it normal to hear a subtle whistle when the machine is working? juanjo 24 7,720 05-27-2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UncollapseMeThroat
  DREAMSTATION WHISTLE aa1xd 15 9,132 01-10-2019, 01:29 AM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  [Equipment] nasal pillows [whistle] confusedcpap 6 3,922 11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: nicholb
  2nd DreamStation with a Whistle? Should I get a different brand? Raven87 29 8,832 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Raven87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.