Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 whistle
Resmed S9 whistle
I just got an S9 AutoSet. It makes a small whistle sound on exhale unless exhale is very slow. I saw this mentioned in the review, but nowhere else. Can anybody comment?

I have used a CPCP every night for 10 years. Previous was ResMed S8. Before that Puritan Bennett 420G which I loved for travel but no longer available.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum]
Some of the S9s have this odd whistle. Mine comes and goes.

Check to make sure the humidifier lid is firmly closed.

Check the filter. My DME gave me the machine with two filters in the little compartment but I always had a heckuva time getting the cover to stay on so I went to just one. And as soon as the filter starts getting clogged, the machine starts getting noisy.

If it continues to be noisy, trade it in for another.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum]
this is a review thread ... please post any question in the main forum
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 whistle
Duh. Thanks for that, zonk. Totally missed where the post was. Sigh.

Red, I'll be moving this into its own thread in the main forum.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a 6 week old S9 which also makes the whistle on exhale but it isn't constant, I am not sure whether I adjust my exhalation to make it go away or whether it just disappears on it's own. Strangely I do find it comforting to hear because I know the machine is working and I then drift off to sleep. My partner has never complained about the noise so it can't be that loud.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, this is a new one on me. I keep my S9 under the bed and have never heard a peep out of it, except for the night I forgot to latch the humidifier chamber. That night it roared!!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going somewhat deaf, so even if I had a whistle, I'm not sure I would notice it.

oldman
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2012, 04:59 PM)PollCat Wrote: Hmm, this is a new one on me. I keep my S9 under the bed and have never heard a peep out of it, except for the night I forgot to latch the humidifier chamber. That night it roared!!

My machine is at the same height as my pillow and sits 12 inches away from my bed
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi redbelly and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I notice my machine whistling on the breathing out but it's not too bad. My husband is a very light sleeper but he never says anything about it.
Thanks Paula for mentioning about the filters as I'm due to change mine so the whistle might be gone after I do that.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem, however I own an S8. My whistling problem comes from the nasal mask and not from the machine. I noticed that all of you also use the nasal mask / pillow. Coincidence? I think not. Try re-adjusting your nasal mask and/or pillow and see if that solves your problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 543 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  F&P Vitera Full Face Mask Whistle berkshire17 20 4,651 11-23-2022, 04:18 PM
Last Post: berkshire17
  DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise watertrails 9 2,503 04-24-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: watertrails
  [CPAP] Is it normal to hear a subtle whistle when the machine is working? juanjo 24 7,720 05-27-2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UncollapseMeThroat
  DREAMSTATION WHISTLE aa1xd 15 9,132 01-10-2019, 01:29 AM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  [Equipment] nasal pillows [whistle] confusedcpap 6 3,922 11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: nicholb
  2nd DreamStation with a Whistle? Should I get a different brand? Raven87 29 8,831 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Raven87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.