Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 whistle
RE: Resmed S9 whistle
I switch back and forth between the "Mirage Swift LT" and the "Mirage Activa LT," and I get the wistle with both masks but for me, it's not a big enough problem to worry about, it's a great machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2012, 08:10 PM)marlap Wrote: I have the same problem, however I own an S8. My whistling problem comes from the nasal mask and not from the machine. I noticed that all of you also use the nasal mask / pillow. Coincidence? I think not. Try re-adjusting your nasal mask and/or pillow and see if that solves your problem.

I think the average adult could figure out that the sound is from the machine over there and not something right on their face. So when we say the machine is from the machine, I'm betting we know that's where it is coming from.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2012, 07:57 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi redbelly and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I notice my machine whistling on the breathing out but it's not too bad. My husband is a very light sleeper but he never says anything about it.
Thanks Paula for mentioning about the filters as I'm due to change mine so the whistle might be gone after I do that.

Trish, I have the memory of a goldfish. So I have an alert on my iPod Touch for the 1st of each month. It says "Hey, Idiot! Change the CPAP and computer filter."

Then, on the 5th: "Hey, Idiot! Did you change the CPAP and computer filter?"

Seriously.

It makes me grin. And it ensures I change the filters!

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My S9 also has the slight whistle noise when I exhale. I worried that is was a problem with my machine when I first got it but it is still working fine and I have gotten used to the noise.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my S9 for a bit over a month and it has made that whistle you talk of since day one. Being a new user I just assumed it was normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guess I should check in as another S9 user who has a whistle from the machine. Like some others have reported, mine is only there occasionally, and also only on exhale. I'm not quite sure I'd call it a whistle, but it is not loud at all. When it's there, it seems to be only during the big push portion of each exhale.
P.S. Hey Paula, imagine my problem not owning an iPad or anything like it as a memory aid. I do have a semi-antique iBook, but guess that doesn't count. So, I'm reduced to leaving myself notes here and there that say, Hey, stupid, remember....
Post Reply Post Reply
oOOPS, just caught the mistake I made of calling it your iPad instead of iPod Touch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whatever works to help you remember, that's great, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The exhale noise has been discussed previously but it seems that not all users experience it. See the previous discussion link below:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...S9-machine
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
When I originally started therapy over a year ago with my Autoset S9, I put it on my nightstand and would get an occasional whistle or more annoying for me was that I could hear myself inhaling/exhaling. I then placed the machine on a small step stool next to my bed and only about a foot off the floor and I never hear anything from the unit anymore.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 555 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  F&P Vitera Full Face Mask Whistle berkshire17 20 4,690 11-23-2022, 04:18 PM
Last Post: berkshire17
  DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise watertrails 9 2,535 04-24-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: watertrails
  [CPAP] Is it normal to hear a subtle whistle when the machine is working? juanjo 24 7,737 05-27-2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UncollapseMeThroat
  DREAMSTATION WHISTLE aa1xd 15 9,147 01-10-2019, 01:29 AM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  [Equipment] nasal pillows [whistle] confusedcpap 6 3,935 11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: nicholb
  2nd DreamStation with a Whistle? Should I get a different brand? Raven87 29 8,860 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Raven87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.