Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 with Humidifer Dry Mouth
Resmed S9 with Humidifer Dry Mouth
So about 2 months ago I upgraded to the Resmed S9 with humidifier from the Resmed S8 without a humidifier. I have a problem as soon as I lay down to sleep I notice my mouth start to dry up almost instantly. I am a mouth breather by nature but I have a chin strap. I have the climate control tubing and have tried different temperatures but don't like when the air is warm. I have tried both the Resmed Swift Fx Nasal Pillows and the Resmed Mirage FX. Same problem with both. Second issue I have with both is leaking air. Do you think it would be better for me to have a full face mask? Any other ideas. When I wake up all I have to do is move my mouth around and my dry mouth is fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 with Humidifer Dry Mouth
Hi richbloom and WELCOME! to the forum.!
There are lots of different masks to try and that can be the most difficult part of this therapy. If your pressure is hovering at around 17, I have read that pillows, (for the most part,) don't work very well above 15. Full-face masks, (FFms,) can be very proned to leaks. Maybe you could try another brand of pillows or nasal mask than the ones you have already tried before you have to go to an FFM..
There are some reviews of different masks here on this board that you will find informative.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum - For dry mouth ... Try Biotene mouth wash and drink plenty of water during the day so you don,t get dehydrated
Humidity something you have try yourself to find whats works best for you

I use the climate control auto mode ... No rainout and less hassle

You wouldn't know if any mask going to work for you till you try the mask ... other people opinion may not be accurate for you ...
Everyone is different ... Whats the leak .. are using ResScan software?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you adjusted the humidity setting?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you didn't have a humidifier before, maybe you don't need one now. Try turning the humidifier off and see if you still have issues. You've got too many variables going on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 2 96 3 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 4 187 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 726 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,097 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 455 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.