Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed - SDB Explained
Resmed - SDB Explained
I was surfing the net today for information that might help me better understand the graphical data provided by ResScan and Sleepyhead software. I ran across this Resmed video on SDB that is one of the better explanations I've seen. If this has been posted previously, my apologies, but I've never seen it before and thought it might be beneficial to our members. Hope this helps! Great-info

ADMIN EDIT: Thanks for this video link, B36... some browsers may have trouble displaying it, so here's the YouTube Version (below). I also embedded this video in our Sleep Disordered Breathing Wiki page, HERE and put in at the bottom of our Wiki Home Page, HERE.

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed - SDB Explained
That was very good, thank you.

ResMed really ought to bring some of this stuff out onto the front pages of their site. They have it under the Clinician area of their website, which doesn't make much sense to me. A clinician should know all this (and more!) about sleep disordered breathing. It's patients that really benefit from this explanation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2013, 08:09 PM)Paptillian Wrote: That was very good, thank you.

ResMed really ought to bring some of this stuff out onto the front pages of their site. They have it under the Clinician area of their website, which doesn't make much sense to me. A clinician should know all this (and more!) about sleep disordered breathing. It's patients that really benefit from this explanation.

I agree completely!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is almost mandatory viewing for all new CPAP patients and everyone who thinks that they (or their partner) might have sleep disordered breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2013, 08:23 PM)fuzzmanks Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 08:09 PM)Paptillian Wrote: That was very good, thank you.

I agree completely!

I agree as well. I just don't understand why everything seems to be so secretive in the treatment of SDB and use of a CPAP device. We'd all be lost of it wasn't for forums like this! I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
This video really explains what happens during the sleep for those with OSA. Can the wiki editors link to this video on the wiki home page or some other prominent place for those that are new to our forum can see it?
Post Reply Post Reply
GREAT VIDEO

CoffeeGreat-info
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2013, 05:39 AM)iSnooze Wrote: Can the wiki editors link to this video on the wiki home page or some other prominent place for those that are new to our forum can see it?

Not a problem, iSnooze... I added it to the Sleep Disordered Breathing Wiki Page and also at the bottom of the Main Wiki Home Page, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home

(scroll down to the bottom of the page)

Let me know if anyone has any formatting issues on their browser with this embedded video on the main Wiki page.

Thanks

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2013, 10:11 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 05:39 AM)iSnooze Wrote: Can the wiki editors link to this video on the wiki home page or some other prominent place for those that are new to our forum can see it?

Not a problem, iSnooze... I added it to the Sleep Disordered Breathing Wiki Page and also at the bottom of the Main Wiki Home Page, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home

(scroll down to the bottom of the page)

Let me know if anyone has any formatting issues on their browser with this embedded video on the main Wiki page.

Thanks

Sweet SS! Thanks for the assist on my post and glad I could contribute something useful to our site....you just made my day!!! Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
The more, the merrier Coffee
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...athing-SDB

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The point of CPAP Machine explained ? Gregsleep 6 647 10-20-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Breathing Video explained Apnearon 2 1,163 06-30-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Apnearon
  [News] Sleep Apnea Explained Clearly [video] ApneaNews 0 1,828 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.