Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed - SDB Explained
RE: Resmed - SDB Explained
Huh, can't believe I missed that video you posted way back then, Zonk. I think it's a very good intro for newbies, definitely.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2013, 12:22 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Huh, can't believe I missed that video you posted way back then, Zonk. I think it's a very good intro for newbies, definitely.

Smile
Certainly its good presentation
Thanks to B36 for posting and now as a wiki, definitely get more attention than being buried in the bottom of the pile Well-done

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, so now that we've seen the video, how do I interpret these graphs? Pictured is about a 2 and 1/2 minute snip of a Sleepyhead flow and flow limitation graph showing a period just before and after an obstructive apnea event. It appears that before the OA, the flow rate graph is fairly even but the shape of the graph is not a smooth bell curve as it has a sort of flattish spot at the top of each breath. So, this means I'm experiencing some partial flow limitation at this point? The apnea occurs which is quite evident and then the breathing, while still not a smooth bell curve does not have a flat spot at the top of each breath and the amplitude of the curve is more pronounced. So is this what would be an arousal as I'm gasping for air and then returning to a more regular breathing pattern? Appreciate any insight anyone might care to offer to interpret these graphs.

[Image: flow_zpse2ac0c88.jpg]
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Well here's one of mine. The interesting thing is that there doesn't appear to be any flow limitation as in yours. Dont-know

[Image: image.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi b360155,
Thank you very much for posting this very informative video.
It's very helpful to hear the sounds of someone with SDB as well as to see what happens to people with this condition.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine looks a lot like B36's but not so many flat tops. All of my "chairs" are facing the opposite way they did in the video.

A very good video.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: apnea-graph2.jpg]

[Image: apnea-graph3.jpg]
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The point of CPAP Machine explained ? Gregsleep 6 645 10-20-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Breathing Video explained Apnearon 2 1,163 06-30-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Apnearon
  [News] Sleep Apnea Explained Clearly [video] ApneaNews 0 1,827 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.