Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Software Symbol
RE: Resmed Software Symbol
Jerry, everytime you upload data to OSCAR, a complete copy of your SD card is saved and the database is saved in your user profile. Assuming you are using a Windows machine, that data resides in Documents/Oscar_Data/Profiles/User-name/ Under your user name are all the machine you use, and each machine has data and backup folders.

If you selected a custom data folder you may have to direct OSCAR to find it, but the data did not disappear. If data is not visible, be sure you select the profile with the user-name you want to view from the Profile tab.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have backup set in your preferences, the original data will be there even after the ResMed software has erased it from your SD card. The imported and parsed data is stored in (usually) a folder called OSCAR_Data in your Documents folder. At the moment, I can look at nearly five yeas of data, back to when I started using my Autoset machine.

Where did you tell OSCAR to create its data folder?

OSCAR can get confused if you try to use your SD card to hold the imported data, of course, or if you put your OSCAR data within your SleepyHead folders.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
JerryG Wrote:It seems that if I don't do something to save my data in OSCAR after importing my SD card, the data gets lost from OSCAR when I close. Different from ResMed, which copies and saves in one step.

Don't think that's right Jerry. Oscar automatically saves the data into its database as part of the import process. If you have automatic backup turned on (and you should!) it will also save a copy of the raw files direct from your card. I have just checked this on ResScan - unless you actively save the data it gets lost. If you download new data then exit from ResScan it gives you the option to save and exit or exit without saving.

I'm probably prejudiced as I've had the privilege of seeing the Oscar team at work, but I believe Oscar is a superior product in many ways - much faster loading, shows all the information that ResScan does but in a much more useful format (the daily page in particular is a masterpiece of technical design), can service machines of various makes, not just Resmed etc etc etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2019, 03:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ... everytime you upload data to OSCAR, a complete copy of your SD card is saved and the database is saved in your user profile.  Assuming you are using a Windows machine, that data resides in Documents/Oscar_Data/Profiles/User-name/  Under your user name are all the machine you use, and each machine has data and backup folders.  
Thanks for your informative response, Sleeprider,  and thanks also to the Oscar programmers for generously sharing their talents, time and efforts. 
FYI, I'm running Win 7 Pro, SP1

I am very new to Oscar.  My comment was in response to finding no data the second time I opened the program,  after having imported and viewing data the first time.  I imported my SD card again, and used the program.  
The third time I opened Oscar, the data appeared immediately (as I hoped) without another import.  Ditto another couple of times.  At this point there, appears to be no problem.  I don't know what caused the original odd behavior -- could well be user error.  To my knowledge I used only the default storage location.  In any case, I'm now a happy camper.   

PS I caught a glimpse of another post in this thread this morning (don't remember the poster's name), but when I came back hours later to respond, the post had disappeared.  I hope the above addresses both posts.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's all good Jerry. We have found the program offers users a lot of insights into their therapy. We want to help you get the most out of it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,192 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,102 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 687 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.