Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Tech Support
RE: Resmed Tech Support
I'm not aware of Resmed pushing any firmware update since about 2015 for a humidifier issue. That was widely publicized. If your device lost settings, it may have been a power surge or even your DME pushing a setting change, but very unlikely it came from Resmed. I have mixed feelings about the FDA since they seem to default to the pharmaceutical companies rather than protection in recent years. Even with the Philips fiasco, it took them 3-years to go beyond the voluntary recall and actually enter a consent decree. Meanwhile, there are a half-dozen Chinese manufacturers of CPAP and BPAP that are doing so under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), without the normal rigorous test ng and review that normally goes into these devices. I wonder how that will work out?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Tech Support
I don't have a "DME" (whatever that is!). I bought my machine 3 months ago directly from ResMed here in the UK and I can assure you that their technical support is RUBBISH!

I have had occasion to contact them twice with problems and each time they have demonstrated that they have clearly been trained to ignore any request for help. They consistently answer random questions I have NOT asked (usually with "we can't help with that") and carefully ignore any question I have actually asked.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 98 2 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 518 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 411 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 680 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,614 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,099 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.