Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Tech Support
Resmed Tech Support
How is the resmed phone tech support? At some point, I would think you might have to call with a problem or 2. Do they readily answer the phone within a reasonable period of time? Is it the same person or different folks? I'm about ready to jump ship with Respironics. It takes them 45 minutes to answer, it's the same lady everytime, for YEARS now. She knows her stuff BUT, she's the only one for the entire country! USA that is. WOW!

I have some software issues now. Thinking of selling this (BRICK) and getting a real machine, join the Resmed Brotherhood.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Tech Support
Resmed Tech Support is basically an oxymoron. Their standard answer is, "Contact your DME".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a product, ResMed delivers better therapy for most. Just remember that ResMed and Respironics both believe their customer is the DME's and not you. They sold the machine to a DME, and again not you.

I've not bothered to call ResMed on anything, so I can't speak of how their customer service acts.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said Tesmed support the dr’s your best support is us here who also deal with sleeping with CPAP every day
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want an answer from ResMed, you need to ask the right person. It turns out to be the group sales manager that services your DME. He can pick up the phone and get straight answers, the rest of us need crystal balls or rely on what the DME is willing to share.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I called my DME, Lincare, yesterday to get information on a F30i mask that I would pay for. The first person couldn't help me, so they gave me to another person that couldn't even begin to give me any information -- other than, go to a certain website. Yet they're my supplier. Completely useless. The second person said I should see my doctor about getting a different mask -- I told her I had already done that and that the doctor said talk to the DME since they supply the medical equipment and have the prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rich66,
If you are self paying for a mask, then don't go through your DME. The cost would be way over the top.
Go through one of the suppliers on the list above. They always run sales and you can try out for 30 days.

Lincare or any DME will bill your insurance for supplies, but only when you are due for a new mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeremy,
I've not heard of many folk that ever get responses from ResMed or Respironics for that matter. They have no reason or incentive to help you as you (the end user) are simply not their customer.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is the policy of those companies not to discuss any medical issues or consult on equipment with any patient. They will politely refer you back to your DME or physician. The term customer support is for their customers, and that does not include patients.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a new user of the Resmed Airsense 11.

First night, I got up at 1am for a while.  Machine turned off automatically.  Came back to bed, machine wouldn't start.  No autostart.  Power button did nothing.

Got down next to the bed where the machine is on a lower nightstand shelf.  Resemed had "pushed" a firmware upgrade into the machine (overnight), locking it up until I went through the whole "setup" procedure on the tiny screen.

This is wrong on a whole number of levels.  

My DME was useless to talk with.  An email to customer support at Resmed elicited their normal response - "you're not our customer, go talk to your doctor, etc".  Just as others have noted.

There IS a workaround however.  I lodged an equipment complaint with the FDA.gov.  The FDA is prickly about these CPAP machine manufacturers after the Philips fiasco.

The FDA is your friend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 76 10 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 406 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 679 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,613 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,099 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.