Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX, AirFit P10, AirFit F10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 5/4/9
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

Resmed VPAP Adapt Differences
New user .. less then a month .. and my doctor has assigned me a Resmed VPAP Adapt. Wondering if I got the right machine for the apnea's I have.

Was wondering what the difference was between the Adapt and all the other Resmed VPAP machines? There are a number of them with the Adapt name and the ST, S, Adapt and other's and wondering what each was used to treat. I have central sleep apnea possibly caused by pain medication usage.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 05:02 PM by Whitewabit.)
10-14-2014 05:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

RE: Resmed VPAP Adapt Differences
Moved your thread to the Main Forum where it would be seen since the Review Forum is for reviews only.

Now you can get your answers!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-14-2014 06:26 PM
PhyllisBalboa Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed VPAP Adapt S9 (36067), ASV mode
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX for Her
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 4.4; PS: 1-6

Other Comments: diabetes type 1, fibromyalgia, MTHFR double genetic mutation

Sex: Female

Whitewabit, on the thread 'Is the ResMed VPAP ST an 'Auto-adjusting' machine??? ', page 1 (see several threads after this thread of yours) there's a great discussion about the differences.

I'm so glad this topic, the VPAPs, are pulling in lots of info for us poor central, non-obstructive people. Otherwise we'd be crying in our morning coffee.
10-14-2014 06:40 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(10-14-2014 06:40 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:  Whitewabit, on the thread 'Is the ResMed VPAP ST an 'Auto-adjusting' machine??? ', page 1 (see several threads after this thread of yours) there's a great discussion about the differences.

I'm so glad this topic, the VPAPs, are pulling in lots of info for us poor central, non-obstructive people. Otherwise we'd be crying in our morning coffee.

Are you being obstructive now? Dielaughing Just kidding. Since I joined this craziness until recently there did not seem to be many people on the board that were using bilevel (VPAP) machines and probably even fewer using machines with a back-up rate or maybe they were all shy. I have got to say that I am learning a lot about the Adapt type of machine. Glad you are not crying in your morning coffee.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
10-14-2014 06:58 PM
Whitewabit Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed V9 VPAP Adapt S9 (36067), ASV mode
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX, AirFit P10, AirFit F10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 5/4/9

Other Comments:

(10-14-2014 06:58 PM)PaytonA Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 06:40 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:  Whitewabit, on the thread 'Is the ResMed VPAP ST an 'Auto-adjusting' machine??? ', page 1 (see several threads after this thread of yours) there's a great discussion about the differences.

Are you being obstructive now? Dielaughing Just kidding. Since I joined this craziness until recently there did not seem to be many people on the board that were using bilevel (VPAP) machines and probably even fewer using machines with a back-up rate or maybe they were all shy. I have got to say that I am learning a lot about the Adapt type of machine. Glad you are not crying in your morning coffee.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Don't know much about the Adapt line of machines but since I have the VPAP Adapt which I guess is the Cadillac of the line, or at least the price is!

Since I will be using this model for at least the next 5 years I plan on finding out as much as possible about the treatment it will provide to me, and about what the other ASV machines by Resmed that do things slightly different then the Adapt.

Seems like there are more of us using the ASV type of machines both for sleep apnea and for other breathing disabilities such as the family of COPD disease's. I also gather this type of treatment is fairly new, as doctors become more aware of the benefits I think more will be prescribed these types of machines!
10-14-2014 07:35 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PhyllisBalboa Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed VPAP Adapt S9 (36067), ASV mode
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX for Her
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 4.4; PS: 1-6

Other Comments: diabetes type 1, fibromyalgia, MTHFR double genetic mutation

Sex: Female

(10-14-2014 06:58 PM)PaytonA Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 06:40 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:  I'm so glad this topic, the VPAPs, are pulling in lots of info for us poor central, non-obstructive people. Otherwise we'd be crying in our morning coffee.

Moi? Obstructive? Au contraire. (Notice my French after being in Montreal for 2 months! Yay!!)

Actually, I'm mostly sauntering into the public space of all you obstructives so us centrals don't get lost in the crowd. After all, we need to breathe, too!

Glad you're being educated. I shouldn't be the only one constantly scrambling to learn all this. After all, I'm pretty tired these days.
Oh-jeez please just let me sleep...
10-14-2014 09:05 PM
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

(10-14-2014 07:35 PM)Whitewabit Wrote:  Don't know much about the Adapt line of machines but since I have the VPAP Adapt which I guess is the Cadillac of the line, or at least the price is!

ASV is not "better" than the other machines in general, it's more specialized.

If you have central or complex apnea, it's THE kind of machine to fix that.

For those without centrals or complex, the auto CPAP or auto bilevel (VPAP) machines would probably be more useful.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
10-15-2014 05:07 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Resmed Adapt ASV question storywizard 7 329 11-21-2016 01:02 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question [Equipment] S9 VPAP AUTO QT2U 0 152 11-05-2016 12:27 AM
Last Post: QT2U
  resmed s9 vpap s faliure marcus112 6 375 10-21-2016 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respironics vs ResMed Differences iSnore 84 24,953 09-28-2016 11:43 AM
  Some interesting differences between PAP resultes and sleep study results KSMatthew 4 432 08-23-2016 07:16 PM
Last Post: richb
  Philips series 50 Pro CFlex + and series 60 series differences stephennic 1 201 08-16-2016 09:34 AM
  Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months ckingzzzs 2 390 07-18-2016 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleepster