Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

blower for REMStar Pro 2
blower for REMStar Pro 2
I have an old REMStar Pro 2 and I want to use the blower for air circulation in a refrigerator. If I just plug it in and turn it on it turns itself off after awhile because of the pressure sensors. I tried turning off the alert in the config menu but that didn't do anything. I also tried taking it apart and disconnecting the small air hoses to the flow and pressure sensors, which then gives me Error code 77.

Is there a way to set it up to ignore all that flow and pressure sensing and just have it run the blower constantly? The only other thing I can think of is to wire a DC adapter directly to the blower. I don't have a 12V 3A adapter laying around and I don't want to go buy one when the unit already does that conversion for me. Maybe I can short it across to the blower wires from the board power supply somewhere?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: blower for REMStar Pro 2
(01-05-2013, 03:21 PM)bwarren Wrote: I also tried taking it apart and disconnecting the small air hoses to the flow and pressure sensors, which then gives me Error code 77.
E-77 ERR_UNDER_PRESSURE
Occluded or restricted tube .... Replace Pressure tubing
Defective PCA ... Replace Main PCA
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes

Post Reply Post Reply
I know what the error means and how to fix it, I'm the one who disconnected that line in the first place.

I'm not trying to make it work as a CPAP machine. I'm trying to make it work as a continuous air pump.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the blower runs off 12.3v then I would think it would be just as happy on straight 12v.
as long as you feed it enough current at that voltage otherwise your powersupply might overheat.
Just bypass all the fancy control circuitry.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bwarren,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,356 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,882 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  [Equipment] Respironics System One Blower Motor Replacement. Donald S 7 1,672 02-17-2023, 09:13 AM
Last Post: fly by night
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 453 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.