Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed VPAP question
Resmed VPAP question
I was supplied a Resmed VPAP S Easy-Breathe model machine yesterday by the DME and which I used for the first time last night. It's not a bad machine; it was quiet and I got used to the rhythm of the inhale-exhale pressures quite soon. I can see some very basic information: including the percentage as to AHIs (2.1), whether or not the mask was okay for leaks (I got a smiley face, which indicates mask was okay as far as leaks were concerned), and how many hours the machine was used. Like I said very basic information.

I just read some posts on Resmed VPAP Auto and I'm wondering if I missed the boat accepting this machine. I am especially concerned that I might not be able to download the information via Rescan or Sleepyhead.

Did I make a big mistake? If I did, do you think I can rectify it?

Gloria
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed VPAP question
I would think that you got a VPAP prescribed for a good reason.
(hopefully not that it is more expensive than most)

I think someone will have an answer to your software question though.

Cheers!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2013, 09:05 AM)Shastzi Wrote: I would think that you got a VPAP prescribed for a good reason.
(hopefully not that it is more expensive than most)

Thanks for your reply.

I was hesitant about having another sleep study done to see whether or not I needed a bi-level machine. My sleep doc deemed that it was necessary, so I did the study. Subsequently I was informed by my sleep doc that I truly needed the VPAP.

The nighttime oxygen that I needed with the CPAP (at a constant pressure of 11) was at 2 liters. With the VPAP my inhale pressure is set at 14 and the exhale pressure is at 7 (I think it is 7), and the oxygen requirement was reduced to 1 liter.

I really want to be able to have the software so that I can see the details and not just the composite figures. For example, last night I had to readjust my mask numerous times when it started leaking. The smiley face shows up on the machine. I don't know what exactly that means, i.e., where is the tipping point where it changes from smiley to frowny.

I hope someone can answer my software question.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the S9 and it has a "mask fit" function selectable from the front panel.

All that does is run up the pressure to maximum setting for a few minutes so you can check for leaks.
I would think the VPAP would also have that function as well.

Maybe there is a manual or user guide that mentions the best way to check for leaks this way?

Hmmm...*checking around*

It seems that model has been discontinued.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gloria, welcome to Apnea Board!

You can get full data from the S9 VPAP S machine. Per this ResMed Document:

Quote:
Data management options

Monitoring patient progress is convenient and easy with a range of data management options, including 30 sessions of detailed data, seven sessions of high resolution data, and 365 sessions of compliance and summary data. Compliance and summary data are easily transferred from the S9™ wireless module for daily remote monitoring and from the SD card on the VPAP S. S9 wireless capabilities allow you to view patient usage during the critical first weeks of therapy, ensuring that any compliance issues are detected and addressed early.

You'll need an SD card reader for your personal computer (usually about $15-20 at most electronics stores).

Also, you'll need a copy of the free ResScan software, see here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...nload-Link

(you must be logged into your forum account to see the above thread).

The software will allow you to view a lot of data, including leak rates. If you have less than 24 leaks per minute, the smiley face will be green; more than that it will be red. But the software will give you much more detailed info on that.

Hope this helps!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for this information. I will proceed to get an SD reader.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,480 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 535 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 327 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 663 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,089 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 647 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 577 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.