Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Vpap auto won't shut off.
Resmed Vpap auto won't shut off.
I have a Resmed Vpap Auto that I've been using since 2005. I think I must have punched a wrong button and now it won't shut off. Sometimes if I hold the Off button for a long time it might go off but not always. I've read the user manual and it is no help. Can anyone help me?

vryoung
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Vpap auto won't shut off.
Hi vryoung,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The most obvious thing is to pull the plug and see if when you plug it back in it is still in the "on" mode, but you probably tried that already.

Leave it off a full 10 seconds or more if you (re)try this.

If it comes back to "On" maybe you can get by this way for a while, or maybe this will reset the machine to the normal behavior.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I've tried that and it is still on when i plug it in again.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
HI, good day.

i think the rubber button is already worn out or the inside is full of dust. thus making it always in contact to the board. Did you send it for service?

rgds.

(02-16-2014, 05:26 PM)vryoung Wrote: I have a Resmed Vpap Auto that I've been using since 2005. I think I must have punched a wrong button and now it won't shut off. Sometimes if I hold the Off button for a long time it might go off but not always. I've read the user manual and it is no help. Can anyone help me?

vryoung

Post Reply Post Reply
How did I miss this? Moving this to the main forum.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2014, 10:41 PM)deetree Wrote: HI, good day.

i think the rubber button is already worn out or the inside is full of dust. thus making it always in contact to the board. Did you send it for service?

rgds.

(02-16-2014, 05:26 PM)vryoung Wrote: I have a Resmed Vpap Auto that I've been using since 2005. I think I must have punched a wrong button and now it won't shut off. Sometimes if I hold the Off button for a long time it might go off but not always. I've read the user manual and it is no help. Can anyone help me?

vryoung
Hi deetree,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 395 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 484 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.