Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed air curve 10 vauto machine not detecting sleep time accurately anymore??
Resmed air curve 10 vauto machine not detecting sleep time accurately anymore??
My Aircurve 10 vauto stopped detected the full amount of time I am sleeping a couple of months ago but I didn't care because my sleep was going well. But in the past month or so I've been waking up with headaches again like I'm having lots of events in my sleep. So I downloaded OSCAR again and uploaded my info but unfortunately all it the program sees is what the machine is showing which last night it says I slept a little over two hours when in reality I slept a little over 7 hours. Also the actual numbers that it is reporting seem wildly off.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so were you able to fix it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed air curve 10 vauto machine not detecting sleep time accurately anymore??
Could you post sample OSCAR shots? We're visual learners around here.

Any chance you use Smart Start/Stop?

Was the SD card in the PAP before you slept?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed air curve 10 vauto machine not detecting sleep time accurately anymore??
Here is the last image of data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Please repost your chart. We need to see the left sidebar along with the graphs.

Use the F12 key to take a Screenshot of the daily page. We need to see the following graphs: Events, flow rate, pressure, flow Limitations and leak rate.

Use the links in my signature line to guide you.

Thanks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it F12 on a Mac? Right now I have to go to work but I'll try somehow repost all of the info tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, try View > take screenshot.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
make sure the machine clock is set correctly. looks like your graph began at 12:00. resmed defines days as noon to noon.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly it doesn’t appear to keep time correctly anymore. If it was connected to the internet I would think it got a virus. But it’s completely off line so that’s not it. I’m going to use a Resmed for Her machine tonight I bought from another user on this forum when I first starting using cpap. I cannot stand another night full of apneas again with my aircurve machine. I think the issue might be central apneas since it’s a bilevel machine. I’ve read that they can cause them. That is the only thing I think it could be. Hopefully I can upload more data in the days to come and figure it all out because the sleep doctors I have seen in the past were completely worthless.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this problem occurring nightly?   Here are some things to do to help in locating your issue.
  1. If you have Smart Start turned on, turn it off.
  2. Record the total machine hours used, located in the Clinician's menu.  Do not use the sleep hours, listed in the Statistic's screen.   Compare the total time after a night's sleep.  Does the time differ greatly from the reported time in OSCAR?
  3. Replace the SD card.  Make sure that the replacement doesn't contain any data.
  4. If you have a spare power supply, substitute it for your current one.
  5. Depending on your knowledge and confidence level, replace the CR2032 internal battery.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And -- simple to do -- check the setting on the internal clock of your machine right before you go to bed, resetting it if necessary. The machine's clock does not set itself. Just before bedtime is recommended so you don't run into mid-day change-over hassles.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,039 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 965 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 712 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 138 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 156 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 141 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.