Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed air mini adapter
Resmed air mini adapter
I just got a resmed air mini.  I found and adapter which allows me to use any face mask with an airmini, but I'm looking for an adapter which allows me to use and airmini (p10) nasal pillows with a different CPAP machine (Resmed S9).

Does anyone know if such a device exists, and if so, where i can get one.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed air mini adapter
I've looked across many sites, including Amazon, and haven't found that.  I like my P10 Airmini mask because of the HumidAir puck. The only connectors I've seen for AirMini are ones that connect from the machine to the hose to use a standard hose, and ones that connect from the hose to the mask to use a standard mask.

You could just buy a new P10 frame and switch headgear and cushions back and forth... that's what I ended up doing...  not ideal, but...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed air mini adapter
You *can't* use AirMini designed masks on non-AirMini device. For very good reason.

AirMini masks do not have CO2 vents. They are designed to force venting on the device side of of the Humidx compartment.

The general consensus, since the release of the AirMini and its proprietary hose/mask system is to prevent the majority of masks from working with the AirMini. 

The most important reason AirMini masks are proprietary, is to prevent them from being used on non-AirMini systems. Attempting to do so and you've just created a CPAP mask system that can't vent CO2. That would be bad.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 47 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 669 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,265 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
Question BMC Mini M1 - Pressure Settings? SwissTruffle 0 324 12-25-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SwissTruffle
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  New to Air Mini-I need advice! tj1616 0 377 10-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,003 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.