Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed air sense 10 LOUD!!
Resmed air sense 10 LOUD!!
Bought this unit used with 275 hours on it, worked great for about 6 months then started making a whining noise as you breath in and out. 

I’ve done some research on this and it seems to be a common problem but I haven’t read about any solutions , any input in this issue? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed air sense 10 LOUD!!
Check your humidifier tank's seals. Also, not having the tank fully seated will cause a whine. When you have your CPAP on and running, try pressing on the tank, then start feeling the hose connections and along the hose for leaks.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple years ago the Resmed Airsense 10 pneumatic block could be replaced for just over $200. I don't know the cost today. See post #3 here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eplacement
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AIR FILTERS
I assume you've tried switching out the air filter for a new one.  Mine suddenly got a lot noisier in early summer; but I use the hypo allergenic filters which likely clog more easily.  I just wanted to rule out a more obvious simple cause.  Try removing the filter completely for a short noise test, if you haven't already tried that.

Once you've ruled out that, examine closely the above posts as they come from extremely experienced and knowledgeable people.  Once you've resolved the issue, please report back on your findings.  Good luck with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I did check and test that it is definitely coming from the motor

Yes I have tried with and without new filter
Post Reply Post Reply
Also the divice has a 2 years parts warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
After only 10 months, my new ResMed 10 AirSense started doing what sounds like the very same thing.  I sent mine in under warranty on the 20th of July.  I still have not heard back from ResMed as to the problem, or when they are sending it back to me. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,057 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,497 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 1,084 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 402 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 455 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  New AirSense 10 is very loud. xian67 2 418 12-15-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.