Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed airfit F20 size
Resmed airfit F20 size
I understand the F20 sizing cutout, but online I have seen different size frames and headgear listed. I don't see that when looking at complete masks. Are there different sizes of frames and headgear or just the different sizes of cushions?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Resmed airfit F20 size
I've come across S M L cushion sizes in 2 material types, those being AirFit silicone and AirTouch memory foam. I've only seen 1 frame/headgear size. I myself own all 3 AirFit sized cushions and a Medium in AirTouch.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I have nasal issues and have to breathe through my mouth some, therefore a full face mask is a necessity. I have a Respironics Dreamwear full face and a Resmed F30i. Close to being the same mask. Have a small leakage issue at the nose with both, and am considering the airfit F20. I know the size of the cushions, but was concerned about the frame and headgear sizing. And yes I have read the mask fit primer a few times. It was a great help. BTW, the Resmed is easier to breathe through, especially exhaling.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW you might consider a Fisher & Paykel full face mask. They have a Vitera model out that I recently did a new sleep study with. The tech chose Small, while my preference would be a Medium, as the lower seal was right at my lower lip. I'd thought the top brace thing would be a negative, but it was a non-touch brace that adds a place for proper tensioning. I think that there's extra seal as a roll that adds to sealing and comfort. I have this on my personal wish list after a new machine. Doesn't hurt to take a look.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Will do. Thanks for the recommendation! I just figured I wouldn't like that piece against my forehead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept on my back and right side for that overnight test. The near forehead support never touched.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
There is For Her headgear that *I've been told* is smaller than the normal headgear.

I have both the normal headgear and the For Her headgear, and I can't quite tell if it's smaller.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I'm not sure about the size difference either, but I do know the color is different.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally got my Airfit F20. My size is actually about a medium and a half. Tried the medium on the first night, but was having serious nasal congestion,so I guess it wasn't a fair trial. Had some leak issues, and came out of the mask after about 4 1/2 hours. Last two nights I've been using the large cushion, and it's working great.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the success with the large cushion.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Is it normal for AirFit F30i to leak on top? watinoair 5 149 09-25-2020, 11:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  has anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i? sherryl10 24 3,287 07-20-2020, 04:17 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Dreamstation Go Hose Size AutoPilot 0 201 05-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: AutoPilot
  Amara View or Resmed Airfit F30 full face masks joesetx 23 2,950 05-17-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: PhoebeAnn
  [split] ResMed AirFit F30 - Helpful Tips Big Guy 34 1,519 05-03-2020, 07:02 PM
Last Post: freddyfl209
  [Pressure] AirFit F20 Fittment and Pressure jimc77 3 258 05-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed AirFit F30i EmilySleeps 8 627 04-13-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: EmilySleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.