Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed autoset 10 stuck on minimum
RE: Resmed autoset 10 stuck on minimum
Hi cmk17
I don't know the procedure how to post SleepyHead charts, others might chime in with the instructions

As for the missing hours, do you have "SmartStart" set to "ON"
If ON, the machine start automatically when you breathe into the mask and stop when remove the mask
OFF ... you'll need to press the on/off button

Post Reply Post Reply
I press the on/off button :-). Really. It was on; the circle graphic went up to 6 and didn't move. I couldn't sleep because it felt fairly airless. (It would have been totally airless if I failed to press the on button. )

It says I slept for 8 hours but no data for 3 of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that a memory chip failed. So long as I alternated the settings between the regular Airfit algorithm and Airfit for Her algorithm, my settings would work. Whenever I stopped the machine (like to go to the bathroom) it wouldn't go up past the minimum setting. I would have to go back into settings and select the other algorithm.

I'm sure I'm not explaining this very well. Bottom line: the DME swapped it out for a new one and explained to me that it was impossible for it to fail the way I described -- but he doesn't know how to test it. ;-)

Best,
cmk17
(12-28-2015, 09:52 PM)cmk17 Wrote: Bottom line: the DME swapped it out for a new one and explained to me that it was impossible for it to fail the way I described

Ha! That's a laugh. The machine is controlled by software - nearly anything is possible! (I should know - I've been writing software for 35 years, including 13 years in medical diagnostics).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2015, 09:52 PM)cmk17 Wrote: It appears that a memory chip failed. So long as I alternated the settings between the regular AutoSet algorithm and AutoSet for Her algorithm, my settings would work. Whenever I stopped the machine (like to go to the bathroom) it wouldn't go up past the minimum setting. I would have to go back into settings and select the other algorithm.

I'm sure I'm not explaining this very well. Bottom line: the DME swapped it out for a new one and explained to me that it was impossible for it to fail the way I described -- but he doesn't know how to test it. ;-)

Hi cmk17,

Great story. Great resourcefulness on your part.

I suggest gradually raising your Min Pressure to 9 or 10, and if you use Ramp perhaps leaving your ramp Start Pressure at 8 if you would be more comfortable at 8.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 474 4 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 121 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 480 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 193 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,242 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Stuck SD card Old Steve 6 444 01-16-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.