Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed autoset 10 stuck on minimum
Resmed autoset 10 stuck on minimum
My 3-month old Resmed Airsense autoset 10 for her is stuck on the minimum setting. I've been using it successfully since August with settings ranging from 6-18 but mostly 10-16 or so.

Now I just can't sleep. I can't sleep without my machine and can't sleep with it. I upped my minimum setting to 10 to see if I could sleep but that's not helping.

I rebooted by unplugging and starting up again. Any ideas?
RE: Resmed autoset 10 stuck on minimum
If your machine is only 3 months old, then take it back to where you purchased it and have it check out.

In the meantime, you could give us more information. Your profile says 4-20 pressure, and you state two different pressure ranges above.

You should only raise or change pressure settings based on data. What does your Sleepyhead reports say?

Go into Sleepyhead, and give us your exact pressure setting, 90% pressure numbers, leak rate
and a breakdown of your AHI numbers.

Better yet, post a screenshot so we can actually look at what's going on.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DME just called to scream at me for changing settings. And since I changed my settings, she can't do anything. The DME is Continued Care of Long Island.

I'll look at everything in sleepyhead. Right now I'm very sad about being stuck in this set up with incompetent support who insists on blind compliance not health.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 07:01 AM)cmk17 Wrote: The DME just called to scream at me for changing settings. And since I changed my settings, she can't do anything.

To quote a former convict: "That's a good thing."
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cmk17,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since you haven’t had your machine very long, take it back to the DME, it shouldn’t be stuck like that.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with getting your machine problem straightened out..
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 07:01 AM)cmk17 Wrote: The DME just called to scream at me for changing settings. And since I changed my settings, she can't do anything. The DME is Continued Care of Long Island.

I'll look at everything in sleepyhead. Right now I'm very sad about being stuck in this set up with incompetent support who insists on blind compliance not health.

by "can't do anything", i hope you don't mean "wont do a warranty replacement"... do not let them tell you that changing pressure settings voids the warranty, it doesnt!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I put the machine into the settings "for her" and it works. I know those settings are not for severe apnea (like mine) but it's much better than nothing! The nurse at my sleep Doctor will take it up with the DME first thing Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 06:28 AM)cmk17 Wrote: My 3-month old Resmed Airsense autoset 10 for her is stuck on the minimum setting. I've been using it successfully since August with settings ranging from 6-18 but mostly 10-16 or so.

Now I just can't sleep. I can't sleep without my machine and can't sleep with it. I upped my minimum setting to 10 to see if I could sleep but that's not helping.

I rebooted by unplugging and starting up again. Any ideas?
Hi cmk17
Please bear with me for a second, I'm trying to understand the situation ...
What do you mean "stuck on the minimum setting" .... if the machine on "Autoset" or "AutoSet for Her" mode, pressure doesn't stay at the minimum 4 all night long but rather automatically adjust between the minimum/4 and maximum/20 pressure settings during the night in response to snoring, events, sleep position, deeper sleep stages, etc...
Unless, the machine is on fixed "CPAP" mode (I cannot imagine how anyone can be on 4 all night long) or maybe faulty machine but need more information before come to that conclusion
Another thing, 4 (same as minimum pressure settings) might be humidity level which does stay at 4 (stuck) all night long
You'll need pushing the dial to see it, otherwise goes dark after a while

As you're using SleepyHead, you can easily see what is going on
pressure graph shows pressure variation breath by breath and statistics .... Med, 95%, Max

Also some information displayed on the machine sleep report, AHI, pressure (if on AutoSet or AutoSet for Her mode), leak, AHI, etc... but you'll need set "Essential" to "Plus" (default ON) and the "Period" on the sleep report to "1 Day" (default 1 Month) for that to display on the sleep report

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zonk:

My auto pap machine is set for 6 to 20. (I was starving for air at 4 so I changed that a month or more ago.) Up until about 5 am this morning, it worked as it was supposed to. I have some bad hours (up to 20 in an hour) but my overall AHI remains under 5. (It had been over 30.)

Around 5 am, I was very uncomfortable and saw that my machine was at 6. In sleepyhead I can see that it completely stopped collecting data the entire morning -- and stayed on 6. I screwed around with it and set the minimum to 10 -- just to try to get back to sleep. (I had gone to sleep very late and only had 3 hours of sleep.) I was hoping that I could go back to sleep even if it never moved from 10. (I was thinking about the traditional CPAP...just picking a number that didn't feel awful.

I can see on Sleepyhead that the machine stopped collecting data when it staying on the minimum -- 6 and then later 10. At about 10:45, I had the wild idea to try to Autoset for her setting; just hoping that it would work and I could get a few more hours to sleep. "Autoset for her" is a specific algorithm that was developed for women with mild to moderate apnea. One can select it in the clinician settings. I had never used it before because I had severe apnea. As I see in sleepyhead, the machine again started collecting data again at that time.

For whatever reason, the machine stopped working like an apap machine at about 5-6 am.

How should I create the attachment from sleepyhead? A quick range? Or what dates? Details, sessions, daily? Let me know.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Zonk:

If I send you the excel spreadsheet with only today's data set, I don't think you will see the blank hours when the machine did not collect data. The charts are blank for about 4 hours.

I have set the data on the apap to plus -- so I get all that extra data on the lcd. I am also comfortable handling all of the settings available to me or via the clinician settings.

If a screen show would help -- what screen? What should I include?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,368 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 104 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 130 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 194 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 587 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 272 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 238 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.