Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed battery?
Resmed battery?
Hi everyone!

I stopped using my Resmed CPAP machine 3 or 4 years ago because my mask was driving me crazy.  I don't know why it was driving me crazy, as I'd been using the same machine and type of mask for several years.  

I put it in a box and forgot about it.  

I want to start using it again.  I plugged it in and turned it on and nothing happened.    

I'm wondering if it had a battery that has run down, or if there's something else I might be overlooking.  Rolleyes

Any information would be helpful! Thanks --

Christy/cdbva
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed battery?
I did a quick google search of that problem.  There was no cure offered, but the respondent advised trying to get it to work with smart start enabled.  If your menu can be brought up, try turning on 'smart start' and then don the mask and inhale a couple of times.  Might be the ticket....for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed battery?
Is there a green light illuminated on the power adapter brick? If not it's either not getting power or the adapter has probably failed. Did the screen light up when you connected the power?  If not, and the green light is illuminated on the adapter it may indicate a bad connection between the adapter and the machine, a failed adapter, or a problem in the machine. Or did the screen light up when you connected the power and the blower not start when you pushed the start button. It's not clear what you mean when you say nothing happened.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 111 Today, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,440 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,503 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10 Jantoe 15 3,890 12-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.