Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed customer service
Resmed customer service
About 2 months ago I purchased the new F20 mask. I had no problem using it but after 3 weeks it tore in the nose area during routine cleaning. This has never happened on any mask that I have used previously. I called the supplier that I purchased it from and because all the large sizes were on backorder they could not send me a replacement. I called back 2 weeks later and they had the same story and did not know when they would be available. A couple weeks later I tried to contact Resmed. I thought a simple email would do but they do not have an email. So I called them and spent 30 minutes on hold and told them my story. They replied that it would be at least 2 to 3 more weeks and they did not say it convincingly. I expressed my dissatisfaction and I left my telephone number because I would welcome a call from someone higher up. Of course no one called. It has been 6 weeks now. Originally I just wanted to contact them about a possible defect but now it is more personal. It appears that they do not like customers contacting them because of no emails and long hold times. This is just my experience and maybe others have had better ones.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed customer service
because they are a manufacturer and returns must go through the agent that sold the mask.

It's like bypassing your Toyota dealer and contacting Toyota HQ because a backordered replacement part your new car hasn't arrived from Japan yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Australia, ResMed will do their best to help whcih isn't surprising after they charge you an arm and a leg for the machine and can be contacted here https://www.sleepvantage.com.au/contactus.html

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found in my years of experience that a simple complaint to the BBB can work wonders in a situation like this. It's not a guarantee but it takes 5 minutes on line and you might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Answer #1 above is the reason. They ONLY provide equipment to their sales channel. This is all prescription material. They have no business talking directly to the public about anything. They cannot verify that you have a prescription.

If they provide any assistance to someone that got their equipment off EBAY and does not have a prescription for it, they could lose their ability to do business in the US. They will not take this chance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed does have an online store and a customer service number. I called them for 2 reasons.

1 The store I purchased it from was unsure on how long they would be on backorder because Resmed was not giving them a date. Because of this I took to the next level. As a consumer that is what you should do.

2 I wanted to inform Resmed of a possible defect. I have never had a tear in any mask except this one.

From what I have found out, the mask may not be available until early February. Not very good on Resmed's part, bring out a new mask and shortly afterwards it goes on backorder.

That's the way I see it
Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2017, 03:30 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Answer #1 above is the reason. They ONLY provide equipment to their sales channel. This is all prescription material. They have no business talking directly to the public about anything. They cannot verify that you have a prescription.

If they provide any assistance to someone that got their equipment off EBAY and does not have a prescription for it, they could lose their ability to do business in the US. They will not take this chance.

I disagree 100000%. As the manufacturer they have every right, ability, and reason to stand behind their product. No one is going to smear the distributors name for making and or delivering a bad faulty product. They will blame the manufacturer and they will be correct. The buck stops with them, period. If they desire to verify a script or proof of purchase good for them, but they still must stand behind their products, not hand you off to a distributor.

Just like when Cadillac has a recall, and the local dealer doesn't have or can't get the part, I have every right to call Cadillac directly for help.

Even Colt a gun manufacturer will handle their own defects, and have you send it to them, yes they may need an FFL in between, in some cases, and they may verify your permit and all the rest, but as the manufacturer they are responsible.

Don't make excuses for poor service when it happens.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's just how it is with you guys in the USA.

Here in Sydney where Resmed have their Head Office plus a "Sleepvantage" club, we can ring their customer service line and talk with them because they provide the service. Their machines are sold privately outside the public health system, and Consumer Protection laws here mean they have to handle product queries whereas the agent (or your DME) is just the contact point for fitting and setup and someone to speak to face to face about your treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
To balance some of the negative opinions: I bought a Resmed machine privately through a sleep clinic, in the UK. Machine started making some unusual noise after 2 days. I sent an email to Resmed UK on a Sunday, to ask for help, as I knew the clinic wouldn't have a replacement. They replied on the Sunday evening (!). I visited their local centre on the Monday and they swapped the machine for a new one.

That's good customer service, if you ask me!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2017, 06:15 PM)tedgreen Wrote: To balance some of the negative opinions: I bought a Resmed machine privately through a sleep clinic, in the UK. Machine started making some unusual noise after 2 days. I sent an email to Resmed UK on a Sunday, to ask for help, as I knew the clinic wouldn't have a replacement. They replied on the Sunday evening (!). I visited their local centre on the Monday and they swapped the machine for a new one.

That's good customer service, if you ask me!

That's because you're not in the USA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,228 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,207 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 461 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sefam s box service manual Stevo. 2 1,179 06-24-2022, 07:40 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Does Wellue customer service respond to you? SleeperAwake21 1 659 01-06-2022, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Phillips System One needs service? jackhartjr 7 910 09-20-2021, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad Apria Healthcare Customer Service NOT GOOD rhyman 14 1,864 08-20-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: stanleydean

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.