Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed erases SD card data
RE: Resmed erases SD card data
(02-03-2014, 09:32 PM)c0reDump Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 10:17 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 09:08 PM)c0reDump Wrote: ...
The only thing you've lost is the most recent 7 nights High Resolution Flow Data.
and 30 days of detailed data. detailed data written directly on the card (not stored by the machine)

Thanks for correcting me!

Also noting that the manual says to disconnect the S9 from the power outlet before ejecting the SD card so drgrimes and Eliot are correct about that.

Jimzzzz: If you have the ResScan software, you should be able to generate a report to see if you at least have the compliance data saved on the card. Whatever you do, DO NOT use the "Erase Data" function found in the S9 menus -- that will delete all the data on the card AND internally stored in the machine itself.
I continue to be confused about whether the S9 stores data somewhere other than on the card. We seem to have differing opinions on whether the machine has "internal storage." I have doubts...

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2014, 05:50 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: I continue to be confused about whether the S9 stores data somewhere other than on the card. We seem to have differing opinions on whether the machine has "internal storage." I have doubts...
Data on the device
The Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure.

S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*
* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Post Reply Post Reply
Windows 8.1 here. Mine does the same thing. I just no longer
forget to lock and unlock. Windows must be writing something
to the card when reading it unlocked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2014, 06:33 AM)zonk Wrote: Data on the device
The Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure.

S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*
* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
Thanks Zonk. Once again I learn more here than I do from the sleep lab and DME.

When the S9 displayed "erasing data" after my SD card made an unprotected trip to my Win 8.1 desktop, I thought I had lost all my data. But a compliance visit to the sleep lab today revealed that the S9 wrote the compliance data back to the SD so they had everything they needed to keep Medicare paying the rent. Anyway, all is well and I continue to learn.

Post Reply Post Reply
Windows 8.1 creates a directory and file "\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid". (The folder is hidden, but you can see the file by opening your card in Windows Explorer and manually entering the directory in the location bar.)

Their presence seems to confuse the ResMed and some other equipment. If you forget to lock the card before using it with Windows 8.1 and your ResMed wants to reformat the card, choose "No" and put the card back in your computer (still unlocked).

You can remove the directory and file from the command prompt (or a batch file) with the following commands (for an SD card in drive F: in this example):

del "F:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid"
rmdir "F:\System Volume Information"

It should then be accepted by the ResMed without reformatting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Briank, Thanks for the info. There have been many opinions about what 8.1 does to the card but your explanation rings true and...gives us a fix! Face it...sooner or later we will all forget to lock the card for the trip to the dreaded Windows 8.1 world.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 11:52 AM)briank Wrote: Windows 8.1 creates a directory and file "\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid". (The folder is hidden, but you can see the file by opening your card in Windows Explorer and manually entering the directory in the location bar.)
You can remove the directory and file from the command prompt (or a batch file) with the following commands (for an SD card in drive F: in this example):

del "F:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid"
rmdir "F:\System Volume Information"

It should then be accepted by the ResMed without reformatting.

As herbm pointed out in another thread, this can be simplified to:

rd/q/s "F:\System Volume Information"

("quietly remove the directory and sub-contents"; rd is a shortcut for rmdir)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2014, 09:11 AM)briank Wrote: As herbm pointed out in another thread, this can be simplified to:

rd/q/s "F:\System Volume Information"

("quietly remove the directory and sub-contents"; rd is a shortcut for rmdir)

Herb is using the command line interface.

Using the GUI interface, you cannot see the file System Volume Information as it's a a hidden system file. You can change the folder view setting to permit viewing hidden system files.

BTW -- that lock tab is a simple mechanical tab. It doesn't lock the card per se. It's up to the card reader to detect the position of the tab. More precisely the tab being in the unlock position permits write and erase of the card. If you were to cut off the tab with a razor blade, the card would appear locked in any functioning card reader.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Good infos to know ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
There's some speculation that disabling "system restore" for the SD card on a Win8.1 machine will make it not eat the S9 SD card. It would be good if someone could experiment and confirm that. I can't check it myself because I don't have a Win8 machine, thank God!

The S9 machine creates three levels of data.

Compliance data (365 days) - stored on both the machine and SD card.
Detailed data (30 days) - stored on both the machine and SD card.
High rate detailed data (7 days) - stored on the SD card ONLY.

If you erase the card, you only lose the high rate detailed data. (Mostly the 25 Hz airflow and mask pressure.)

Two interesting links for the geeky among you.

http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 410 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.