Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed erases SD card data
Resmed erases SD card data
I posted this earlier in the Resmed software thread, and I probably should have started a new thread for it. So if one of you magic mods would like to clean up my mess, that would be great!

When I insert the SD card from the Resmed into my computer if I forget to "lock" it first, it will no longer work on the Resmed without "erasing all data." That happens during the mount process, not by running the software. So I suppose the short answer is don't forget to lock the card. Are others experiencing this same thing, or is it something peculiar to my implementation of good old Windows 8?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed erases SD card data
(01-21-2014, 03:01 PM)retired_guy Wrote: When I insert the SD card from the Resmed into my computer if I forget to "lock" it first, it will no longer work on the Resmed without "erasing all data." Are others experiencing this same thing, or is it something peculiar to my implementation of good old Windows 8?

Well, I've been running ResScan on my Windows 7 PC for 2 years now and I've never experienced a problem like what you've described. I periodically remove my SD card and download the PC so that in the event of a failure of my SD card I could still have historical data. Not sure how to assist you but wanted to let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Sleepyhead with Windows 7 and have only had it the first time i used it, I never lock the card either on taking it out ot re inserting it, it could be an issue with Windows 8.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 03:15 PM)moondoggy Wrote:
(01-21-2014, 03:01 PM)retired_guy Wrote: When I insert the SD card from the Resmed into my computer if I forget to "lock" it first, it will no longer work on the Resmed without "erasing all data." Are others experiencing this same thing, or is it something peculiar to my implementation of good old Windows 8?

Well, I've been running ResScan on my Windows 7 PC for 2 years now and I've never experienced a problem like what you've described. I periodically remove my SD card and download the PC so that in the event of a failure of my SD card I could still have historical data. Not sure how to assist you but wanted to let you know.

Thanks Mr. Doggy... It does sound like a Windows 8 problem. Not that Windows 8 is known to cause any problems or anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I know what happened to my card, thank you very much.

Kate
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Windows 8 and I have no problems. I think those that upgraded to Windows 8.1 have posted about these or similar issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 06:03 PM)me50 Wrote: I have Windows 8 and I have no problems. I think those that upgraded to Windows 8.1 have posted about these or similar issues.
Yeah, I'm 8.1...... Sometimes I think I should upgrade to Linux, or darn near anything. I hate this, because now when I go see the sleep guru's, I'm going to have to do a little song and dance number so they don't give me a time out or something for scrxxing around with my (I mean their) data!

Post Reply Post Reply
And class, what have we learned from this lesson?

Always lock the card before putting into computer.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Windows 8.1 is rumored to write hidden files to one or more of the directories on SD cards when they are mounted---rather like what Macs have been doing for years. The answer is to lock the card before inserting it into the Win 8.1 machine OR to let the Resmed S9 erase the data. All the summary data for the last 30 days and all the compliance data for the last year will be rewritten to the card after the S9 erases it. And you won't lose the data you've already downloaded into Rescan or Sleepyhead when you do the next download.

For what it's worth, the PR System One machines don't seem to care about those hidden files that Macs and Win 8.1 machines write to the SD card. I routinely forget to lock my System One's SD card and I download data regularly. The System One never complains or insists on erasing the data on the card when I reinsert it. There are a few things that PR does better than Resmed, and this is one of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2014, 05:25 PM)robysue Wrote: ,,, All the summary data for the last 30 days and all the compliance data for the last year will be rewritten to the card after the S9 erases it. ,

Sadly, not my experience. After the cards erased, it doesn't seem to have anything on it that the resscan or sleepyhead software can see. It is true of course that anything previously downloaded and saved on the computer is still on the computer. But not on the card.

In a perfect world, I won't forget to lock the stupid thing in the future.

You also present an interesting hypothesis in that I wonder if one could delete the hidden files prior to unmounting the sdcard on the computer. I'll find out!

Thanks Robysue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 411 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.