Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed erases SD card data
RE: Resmed erases SD card data
(03-12-2014, 11:52 AM)briank Wrote: Windows 8.1 creates a directory and file "\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid". (The folder is hidden, but you can see the file by opening your card in Windows Explorer and manually entering the directory in the location bar.)

del "F:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid"
rmdir "F:\System Volume Information"

It should then be accepted by the ResMed without reformatting.

To automate the whole process, I modified your batch file to:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3
ResScan.exe
del "f:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid"
rmdir "f:\System Volume Information"

This runs ResScan and then runs your fix on the SD card after it exits.

The above text can be pasted into a notepad file and saved as, say, ResScan.bat
If you create a shortcut to this file, you can select that it be run minimized in the properties shortcut tab to get rid of the briefly flashing black command box that comes up just before ResScan launches.

The only issue is that if you don't have the SD card in the reader, you'll need to click "cancel" twice after ResScan ends.
(Using the rd/q/s "F:\System Volume Information" command line requires four clicks if no card is inserted).

Now I don't have to even think about locking the card or running a separate batch file. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2014, 11:58 AM)Apneman Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 11:52 AM)briank Wrote: Windows 8.1 creates a directory and file "\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid". (The folder is hidden, but you can see the file by opening your card in Windows Explorer and manually entering the directory in the location bar.)

del "F:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid"
rmdir "F:\System Volume Information"

It should then be accepted by the ResMed without reformatting.

To automate the whole process, I modified your batch file to:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3
ResScan.exe
del "f:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid"
rmdir "f:\System Volume Information"

This runs ResScan and then runs your fix on the SD card after it exits.

The above text can be pasted into a notepad file and saved as, say, ResScan.bat
If you create a shortcut to this file, you can select that it be run minimized in the properties shortcut tab to get rid of the briefly flashing black command box that comes up just before ResScan launches.

The only issue is that if you don't have the SD card in the reader, you'll need to click "cancel" twice after ResScan ends.
(Using the rd/q/s "F:\System Volume Information" command line requires four clicks if no card is inserted).

Now I don't have to even think about locking the card or running a separate batch file. Smile

This works swimmingly, Apneman, thanks.

And welcome to the forum.

I put a @echo off command in the top of my script just to suppress the messages.

The other thing is the drive dependency will vary: On my machine the removable is currently G: versus the F: on your script. So that will vary from machine to machine and even from time to time if your configuration changes.

The advantage of doing this is it will allow you to easily make changes to your Resmed settings from the computer. The disadvantage of doing this is it will allow you to easily make changes to the Resmed settings from the computer. So don't go overboard anyone. Changes should be well thought out and judiciously applied. No one should ever apply changes just because they're bored. Except me of course.

In my case my Resmed has been keeping me very well treated for several weeks now with ahi of <.5 most of the time. So I felt it was time to shake things up a little and see if I can't get a little garden growing. So I increased my min/max pressures a bit.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 07:17 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: I'm missing something here... One night I left the card out of the machine and that night remains is a blank spot in both ResScan and Sleepyhead.

Not sure but I think a ResMed machine won't write internally-stored data to the card unless the machine has just erased the card, or unless the card is newly reformatted/erased in the computer, or unless the card is new/empty.

(02-04-2014, 05:50 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Also noting that the manual says to disconnect the S9 from the power outlet before ejecting the SD card so drgrimes and Eliot are correct about that.

I have not found it necessary to disconnect power cord from wall (and wait 20 seconds). Simply pressing and holding Power button to turn machine off (until light flashes) seems to be all that is needed.

(02-05-2014, 04:33 PM)JimZZZ Wrote:
(02-04-2014, 06:33 AM)zonk Wrote: Data on the device
The Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure.

S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*
* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
Thanks Zonk. Once again I learn more here than I do from the sleep lab and DME.

When the S9 displayed "erasing data" after my SD card made an unprotected trip to my Win 8.1 desktop, I thought I had lost all my data. But a compliance visit to the sleep lab today revealed that the S9 wrote the compliance data back to the SD so they had everything they needed to keep Medicare paying the rent. Anyway, all is well and I continue to learn.

I suspect that if you would have set up a new user you would have been able to download and see the compliance data and the Summary data, but no detailed data.

But, again, I think a ResMed machine won't write internally-stored data to the card unless the machine has just erased the card, or unless the card is newly reformatted/erased in the computer, or unless the card is new/empty.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that if you turn off "system restore" for the card in question, Windows won't corrupt the S9 card when you insert it into the PC.

Even if the SD card data is lost, the machine itself still has the data, and can be checked by bringing the machine in to the DME.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 411 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.