Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed face plate
Resmed face plate
I have the face plate that goes in the ResMed unit instead of using the humidifier.  I find when I use the face plate that the machine is quite noisy any wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed face plate
I live in an area that is very humid in the summer.  Recently I switched from the airtouch F30 full face mask to a the airtouch P30I mask and took the the whole kit and kaboodle on a cruise.  For ease of use I replaced the humidifier with the end cap and have had no noise issues at all.  I recommend looking for the instructions to remove the silicone elbow from behind rhe climateair hose and give it a good cleaning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since it is summer time and I don't need warm air I am presently using the plain slimline hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look inside where the humidifier tank goes, you can see both silicone gaskets. The one at the top right can come out id you push the little tab down while pushing the gasket towards the back. It's a little fussy getting it back it, because the Climateline contacts have to be rotated just the right way to let it slide back in.

In mine, the inlet gasket is slightly warped, so it has a small, slightly noisy leak. But I'm nearly to five years with it, so maybe I'll have better luck with the next one.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply Pholynyx.  I am only having a noisy situation when I use the face plate .  When I use either my climate tubing or slimline tubing the machine is very quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you can use either tube with either the humidifier tank or the face plate, I would have to guess that the face plate isn't fitting properly. The tank has a little bump you have to push past to get it to seat tightly, so perhaps the face plate does also? That's all I can think of. 

Perhaps somebody who has one - we do have a couple, at least - will chip in with solid advice.

Here's the inside view of mine. You can see the center tab that should be pushed down at the top right.

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 744 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.