Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed file saved in unsharable .csv not PDF. Fix?
Resmed file saved in unsharable .csv not PDF. Fix?

Want to share files for critique. I saved a couple days of data to share and it saved them as .csv files. How do I get it to save in PDF? or convert to PDF for sharing?

Thanks in advance,

Susan in San Francisco
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed file saved in unsharable .csv not PDF. Fix?
CSV, comma separated variable, may be opened with any spreadsheet program. If you have a pdf printer declared you can just print the formatted data to a pdf file. If you don't have one, try googling "CutePDF". It's free and will install just like a regular printer. You will want the CutePDF Writer. After installation, select it instead of your default printer when printing the spreadsheet.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that the csv file is just the data and won't be displayed as it is in the normal report form.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Susan I suspect you have selected File | Export. A better way to go is to select "Report", either from the ribbon or the start screen. This will give you a graphical output in pdf format. (See attached screen clips).

[attachment=1200] [attachment=1199]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: iagree.gif] I agree with Paul in Perth!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Me too, and I'll add that you can customize that report to include or exclude any items you choose. For example, if you just want to show the pressure, flow restrictions and events flagged, you can do just that and uncheck any/all of the other items.

You can also do a screen shot of any part of the report and use your graphic editing software to do markups on it like in the example below.

[Image: 11kblhg.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
As an old database dude I just want to say that, from the point of view of a database geek, the CSV format is much more portable than the PDF format. You can import CSV files into a database and do magical things. You can import that database into many operating systems and many other database management systems. I imagine sleepyhead does that, actually.

The data is the basis for all the reports. Once you have reduced the data to a report then what you have is only that particular report. PDF format is impossible to import into a database, whereas the database allows you do create any kind of report you want to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2015, 10:31 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: As an old database dude I just want to say that, from the point of view of a database geek, the CSV format is much more portable than the PDF format. You can import CSV files into a database and do magical things. You can import that database into many operating systems and many other database management systems. I imagine sleepyhead does that, actually.

The data is the basis for all the reports. Once you have reduced the data to a report then what you have is only that particular report. PDF format is impossible to import into a database, whereas the database allows you do create any kind of report you want to.

No argument there, eseedhouse. However for a look at what's happening to the key parameters without going through a lot of manipulation, the pdf report from ResScan is a sound way to go, as well as being a lot quicker and easier for most folk.

The good thing is that ResScan gives you both options, so select the one which best suits your particular needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
So true eseedhouse. I'm an old hand at spreadsheets and of course importing data often is made easy via the .csv format so I can appreciate your comments.

In defense of the .pdf format, it crosses almost all platforms and allows easy embedding of graphics. Graphics are especially important in analyzing CPAP performance even though many (maybe most) sleep doctors don't take the time to view them. Too bad...

Best regards, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Out of interest I just looked at the csv output from ResScan - it's basically a lot of practice management data with only the most superficial efficacy data. ie there are fields for name, address, phone number, referring doctor, insurance cover, etc etc. But in terms of usable PAP data you only get compliance (in minutes), mean mask pressure, AI, AHI and leak (L/sec). As far as I can see, the pdf report is the only way of presenting actual useful information.

Sleepyhead does allow you to export some more detailed information, but the charts and graphs still contain the most complete dataset.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] BMC G3 A20 SD Card English Language file aabman 12 2,037 03-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Does anyone know how to convert from mV/cm to % O2 in an EDF file? erouting 1 454 09-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: erouting
Smile [CPAP] BMC G3 B20A SD Card English Language file ayuen99 6 669 05-23-2023, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Journal.dat file? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 538 02-04-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  BMC G2S A20 or 3B LunaII CPAP SD Card English Language file aabman 2 944 03-09-2022, 12:58 AM
Last Post: aabman
  Just about the clinician file Lee. 1 962 02-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  prisma soft file bibi 1 1,839 02-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.