Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed humidifier question
Question 
Resmed humidifier question
I am a new cpap user, and am trying to find my way through a lot of useful info, but am confused. I have a Resmed Autoset, with humidifier, but do not know if the heat is controlled by the knob, or another internal setting. With a setting of 2.5, I cannot tell any difference in water temperature after 5-6 hours of use. Should it at least be warm? How is it heated, anyway? Thanks for any help offered.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed humidifier question
If, when you are masked up and press "start," the screen shows a number like 2.5; then you have control.
You can rotate the knob and change that number. 3.0 is where most people start; but some run higher like 5.0
The water really doesn't get very warm. Just a few degrees above ambient.
There is a resistive heater in the metal plate below the tank.

From what you say, your machine is set to give you control.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response. Didn't really think I could make coffee with the water; just didn't know... Thanks, again
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2014, 06:55 PM)saltydawg2 Wrote: Thanks for your response. Didn't really think I could make coffee with the water; just didn't know... Thanks, again
CPAP by Keurig.... you know that could catch on in so many ways.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Better use decaf.... Or you'll be awake all night!
Post Reply Post Reply
You will have a difficult time "feeling the heat" -- with a ClimateLine hose the humidity is actually displayed as a temperature (raising the temp adds more water to the air).

The point is that the temps displayed are low 70's to mid-high 80's.

This is such a low difference with most rooms that you probably won't feel it as "warm" and practically never as "hot".

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi saltydawg2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responses. I am sorry I didn't get back more quickly, but I have zombied out since then, a lot. Little sleep, you know the drill, from when you first started treatment. I'll start another thread when there is actually improvement, or at least some effect to report, other than rambling like I'm doing, now. Thanks, again
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 785 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.