Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed keeps shutting off [A10 Autoset]
Resmed keeps shutting off [A10 Autoset]
I'm a newbie here and I got a ResMed Airsense 10 autoset on 2/20/18 and it's been working great until Saturday morning when it just suddenly shut off and I can't seem to get it stay on.  I have little to no air pressure and it's not registering on resmed site.  Also, the wireless icon (5 vertical lines) are not white which means wireless is working.

Can any resmed users help me out?

Thanks!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed keeps shutting off
Double check that all power connections are secure. The one to the machine itself AND the one to the small brick looking thing between your machine and the wall. Assuming you haven't already looked here.

I found on one occasion that both of these connections were not completely secure. I'm not sure how this even happened, but it's worth a look.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed says:

Q. Why is my machine shutting off at night?

A. A number of reasons could be responsible — here are the most common:
  • Make sure your therapy device is turned on. If you are experiencing high leak and Smart Start/Stop is turned on, it’s possible the device is stopping due to this.  Try turning off Smart Start/Stop.
  • Check that the power plug is fully and correctly inserted in the device. When it is correctly inserted, the power button will light up.
  • Ensure that no blankets or other objects are covering the power supply unit.
  • Check whether the filter is blocked. If so, replace the filter.
  • Check that the therapy device’s lid is properly closed (as well as the humidifier lid for applicable devices, such as the H5i™ humidifier in the S9™ device) or that the humidifier tub is fully inserted.
  • Make sure you’re not using the Start/Stop button to light the LCD during the night, as this will stop your therapy.
  • If there’s a message on the screen, follow the instructions to clear the message or contact your equipment supplier.
  • Try unplugging the device, then plugging it in again.
  • From time to time there may be power disturbances that cause the device to power down. Check to see if there are other devices that may have powered off at the same time (eg, alarm clock).
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using sat morning and all of a sudden it seemed I wasn't getting enough air and the screen said high leakage, thought I had fixed it but then it started turning off when I used it. I have unplugged the machine a couple of times and none of my electrical devices stopped working3;[

right now the green start/stop button is on and I'm not using the machine. If I put the mask on it will work for about 3 mins and then shut off.

everything is plugged in, nothing is blocking it, the humidifer lid is closed and fully inserted.

I turned off Smart Start/Stop, tried using it and it still shut off.

Guess I'll have to call tech in the morning.

Could low Wifi have anything to do with it? Right now there is a storm in the area and I read that bad weather could affect Wifi.
Post Reply Post Reply
The signal should not affect it.
My one is turned off (Airplane mode) and it has no effect.

If you have checked all the connections and the machine is not somewhere or the power supply where it will get hot, then it looks like it has a problem.
ResMed says it has thermal protection, so if the machine or the power supply gets hot it will shut down.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Also check the simple thing, try changing power points, just in case it is a faulty power point in the wall.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't stay on long enough to get hot!

I'll call rep in the morning!

Thanks everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed keeps shutting off [A10 Autoset]
Hi DaphneNicole,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully you will get your machine problem resolved, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 349 1 minute ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 594 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 678 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.